Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Zombie Kingdoms
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:56 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
I understand that there is a negative outcome based on the players inability to stop the zombies in time, but will there be more chances to stop the zombies? As they currently are they are not that much fun imho, especially for anyone trying to create a new character. For GM's they don't really matter, with the exception of all the items and shopkeepers that no longer exist because of them. Perhaps the spawn rate could be decreased and be equal to the level of character they spawn for. So n00bs get low level zombies and more advanced characters get harder undead to challenge them? Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Zombie Kingdoms
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:50 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
I like that the shady rogues on uxmal's roads are zombies. Those things were terrible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:29 am 
Implementor

That's kind of up to you guys (the players). This outcome was due to the actions and success/failure of the various characters and factions who chose to get involved. If you want to start an initiative to purge the zombies, perform some RP around it and then contact your kingdom or faction patron with logs and explaining what you are trying to do.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:30 am 
Mortal

I don't think that's going to happen. The light and dark sides have no reason to work together, especially considering the fact that there is an extended war that nobody wants to give ground on.

I also don't see much motivation to do anything for it. We can still gate into most of the areas that are closed off, the cities are still a safe haven, most places you travel aren't affected, we can still gather equipment from all areas outside of the spire, and it's kind of amusing seeing people scramble over a few low level zombies. :drunk:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:27 pm 
Implementor

When did I say you had to work together?

Bring whatever ideas you want to the table. If you bring nothing at all, that's fine too. I am not forcing you to do it. But if you want to change the status quo (including stopping the situation from deteriorating further), characters need to take action.

Thanks for pointing out the gate issue. The areas that are closed off are overrun by zombies and accessing them via gate is a bug that we will rectify.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:45 pm 
Immortal

Areas that are closed down like Mortoon shouldn't be accessible at all. It was wiped off the map by the zombies; it already had a zombie problem before this started, and it just got worse. Areas where the front gates or portions are sealed to prevent them from being overrun are sometimes still accessible by magical means, and that is by design.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:50 pm 
Mortal

Out of curiosity what is the plan for if players take no action? Does the mud just shut down? I'm still confused how an optional grp turned into this do what we want you to or we remove more zones forever standoff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:07 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
It's not a standoff. Even if some dgaf and would rather see areas shut down rather than do anything, there are players and characters actively attempting to do something. And have been.

Guess it's just a case of help or get out of the way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:52 pm 
Mortal

I'm not enirely sure that anyone wants to see areas shut down, but more that from an IC perspective, some of the dark aura characters have no real reason to thwart a dark magic spell. It is definitely more fitting that light aura characters are working to resolve the issue because the chosen theme is not neutral. It also requires contact through the KD and figuring out riddles, which is unique but requires coordination with said KD and the group going out looking for X at a convenient time to play for everyone. It's certainly not impossible, but may take a while to wrap the grp up.

Imo, it would have likely been better to have very strong undead boss NPCs and minions inside each shutdown zone that have some decent loot but also have a piece of a sceptre(or whatever) and once you collect all 6 etc, you can eradicate the spell. In this method, there is less involvement required from the staff and the end-goal is clear and achievable at the same time.

It seems that the staff involved with the grp are making a clear effort to immerse players in a unique storyline and I think we can all be thankful for that, but at the same time, shutting down access to leveling areas and creating aggro zombies (that seem to only be killing/hindering newbies/low level characters) feels sorta like a punishment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:10 pm 
Mortal

From an in character perspective, I think the only real darkies that should be just dandy okay with this scenario are necromancers. As it is, darkies are sacrificing just as much as the lighties if not more. Their lands are being infested with undead, their legions are beginning to turn as well, and what is a conquering land like the Empire without an army to conquer with? I don't see any reason that both sides shouldn't be working on a resolve even if they do so separately.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next