Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zombie Kingdoms
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:26 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
I don't know if you were one who snubbed it. I didn't even remotely imply that you personally were one of those who did. I said there were those who did, and that because of that we have a whole different situation to deal with in-game now.

I didn't say your questions were invalid either. I answered the only one of them that wasn't already addressed elsewhere on the thread.

This event isn't over yet, and I'm not even largely responsible for what wins towards ending it have already been accomplished. There are a lot of characters involved, many of whom have accomplished objectives mine has been unable to.

And no, your motivations are not being misunderstood. Certainly not as much as you appear to want them to be.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:32 pm 
Mortal

ObjectivistActivist wrote:

And no, your motivations are not being misunderstood. Certainly not as much as you appear to want them to be.

Again, I feel there is some kind of miscommunication here. If you feel I have ulterior motives other than discussing the GRP event, you can list them, otherwise I'd like to get back to the topic of discussion.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:21 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
jreid_1985 wrote:
The light have made more effort to rid the zombies, but one area in comparison to the legion losing guards, front gate access to tlaxcala and seaside seems a bit lop-sided. Who makes the call when deciding which and how many areas get shut down?
I don't think you can get more polar-opposite as to how the RP was handled by Taslamar vs the Empire. Almost every Taslamaran was doing everything they could to quell the zombie invasion, whereas the MC was entirely shut down by a Sadr MC priest who went on record saying that if -anyone- tried to stop the zombies that he would kill them.

In that sense, both sides got what they wanted, although from the outside, it looks to me like at least some of the Imperials should have been willing to man up against the priest of Disease and Suffering who clearly didn't have the interests of the Empire at large at heart. Instead they decided to increase the influx of immigrant zombies and they reaped what they sowed. Maybe they should have built a wall instead.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:32 pm 
Mortal

Edoras wrote:
jreid_1985 wrote:
The light have made more effort to rid the zombies, but one area in comparison to the legion losing guards, front gate access to tlaxcala and seaside seems a bit lop-sided. Who makes the call when deciding which and how many areas get shut down?
I don't think you can get more polar-opposite as to how the RP was handled by Taslamar vs the Empire. Almost every Taslamaran was doing everything they could to quell the zombie invasion, whereas the MC was entirely shut down by a Sadr MC priest who went on record saying that if -anyone- tried to stop the zombies that he would kill them.

In that sense, both sides got what they wanted, although from the outside, it looks to me like at least some of the Imperials should have been willing to man up against the priest of Disease and Suffering who clearly didn't have the interests of the Empire at large at heart. Instead they decided to increase the influx of immigrant zombies and they reaped what they sowed. Maybe they should have built a wall instead.

A wall certainly could've helped or maybe some other avenue to appease the zombies. Maybe sacrificial offerings of tribute. Either way, I'm confused at the general idea that people who contributed to the outbreak turned tail and ran after the zombies progressively got worse. What evidence do you have to con tribute to that assumption?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:44 pm 
Mortal

Edoras wrote:
jreid_1985 wrote:
The light have made more effort to rid the zombies
I don't think you can get more polar-opposite as to how the RP was handled by Taslamar.

This also confuses me. I wasn't around for the events, but from the logs posted and conversations here, it looks like the west has indeed made more of an effort toward ridding the realm of zombies.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:48 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Maybe they could have offered the zombies pizza. And I'm referencing what I think is true, which is that during the GRP itself the MC not only didn't achieve the IC objectives that only darkies could fulfill, but also that at least one prominent member of the MC declared open war on -anyone- (Which seems to include Imperials) who would try to stop the zombies.

Granted, this is all from an outsider's perspective through internet discussion and posted logs. Ultimately, I'm just here to grant my own conjecture. You stated earlier that the effect of the outbreak was too "lop-sided" because it affected the Empire more than Taslamar, and my counter is that the level of outbreak was directly related to the outcome that the opposing forces wanted: Taslamar did everything in its power to stop the invasion, the Empire both did nothing and/or actively prevented those who would have done something from stopping the invasion.

You even seem to agree that the west did more to stop the zombies than the east. So, why are you complaining that the current state of the GRP is lop-sided? It seems pretty fitting.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:50 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
Quote:

That's why.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:59 pm 
Mortal

Quote:

That's why.

I do live in an apartment on the banks near the Rock Island bridge. What exactly does your post mean?

Edoras,

I'm not questioning the results of the choices made, more about the places selected as outbreak hotbeds before any action was taking place. You have skybolt vs tlaxcala, seaside, tunnel. I'm simply saying from my perspective it looks lop-sided. Now I haven't exactly looked into whether or not people left the MC over threats from a priest of disease. All I can see is one afterlife post about a player from the MC who felt that he and his girlfriend were being level patrolled.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:38 pm 
Mortal

jreid_1985 wrote:

I was trying to find an RP log of that, but couldn't find any. How did they go about purging the zombies from the roads and how many did they need to kill to prevent them from wandering the roads and invading the encampment?

That was the payout for the GRP event. Could have been wider-ranging or further reaching, but I guess it was cooler to snub the event and the people participating in it. The whole "areas closed" problem would have apparently actually gone away if there'd been full success, but that would have required more than just one light aura group working in the final event day.

There were more than one group trying to help recover the relics on the final event day. There were Grey/dark auras who were ready to put aside their differences and help, but the group wasn't large enough or experienced enough to get the Temple they needed to get to, and asked both sides for help and received none from either side of the spectrum. If the light auras wanted to save the realms that badly, perhaps they should have put their differences aside too.

Yes, there were players that went against the GRP and did their own thing, but you can't make it seem like none on that side tried to help.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:46 pm 
Mortal

If everyone is really interested in when things started to go bad in this GRP, maybe you should start at the very first event in the GRP, which was essentially turned in to an equipment transfer to benefit the lighties.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next