Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zombie Kingdoms
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:51 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
TheX wrote:
How do we make the outbreak worse?

I do say this because their are characters who would love to see this perpetuated or even made more cataclysmic.

If you have been reading the thread you need to come up with a creative plausible way then RP it out likely with logs going to Imms. Although a PM to an Imm director of the area before you do it is likely a good idea. A random idea is finding a powerful item from inside necropolis to do with undead and relocating it along with undead to said place (although dont leave aggressive things where newibes might run into it with no way to deal with them). The more creative you are the more likely Imms are going to help you with it. The more you involve players trying to stop you the "more" likely Imms will give your goal victory if you are able to defeat them. Greater the risk greater the reward kind of thing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:45 am 
Implementor

jreid_1985 wrote:
I must be out of touch then. Could you explain to me which areas were originally affected in the west, but are no longer due to the partial purge?

As of the end of the Algorween GRP, the Taslamarans were able to curb the zombies on the roads in their kingdom (but not the fields and plains). They also managed to protect the Scout's Encampment from a full-scale zombie invasion in doing so. That was the state of things for the month of November. Note that the situation has changed again since Friday, December 2nd.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:50 am 
Implementor

Cordance wrote:
TheX wrote:
How do we make the outbreak worse?
I do say this because their are characters who would love to see this perpetuated or even made more cataclysmic.

If you have been reading the thread you need to come up with a creative plausible way then RP it out likely with logs going to Imms. Although a PM to an Imm director of the area before you do it is likely a good idea. A random idea is finding a powerful item from inside necropolis to do with undead and relocating it along with undead to said place (although dont leave aggressive things where newibes might run into it with no way to deal with them). The more creative you are the more likely Imms are going to help you with it. The more you involve players trying to stop you the "more" likely Imms will give your goal victory if you are able to defeat them. Greater the risk greater the reward kind of thing.

Cordance's response is perfectly on point. If you want to make the zombies worse for your enemies, that is a reasonable plan to attempt. If you want to be a spoiler and bring the world (and game itself) to an end, well let's be honest, you aren't going to be successful with the second point. But things could conceivably become even more apocalyptic than they are now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:04 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
Dulrik wrote:
Cordance's response is perfectly on point. If you want to make the zombies worse for your enemies, that is a reasonable plan to attempt. If you want to be a spoiler and bring the world (and game itself) to an end, well let's be honest, you aren't going to be successful with the second point. But things could conceivably become even more apocalyptic than they are now.

Because only the staff can bring the game to an end?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:20 am 
Implementor

Opey wrote:
Seems to me like this was a GRP designed for 1 or 2 specific players.

Opey, your claims are becoming increasingly far-fetched, as the evidence does not support this assertion in any way.

Brandon wrote:
5. No one group will be sufficient to collect all of the necessary
elements. As magic spans the spectrum of light to dark and the zombies
cover the lands from East to West, so do the components of this spell.

The catastrophe was initiated by a necromancer from the north. The spell to put things right required pieces that had to be acquired by factions of all alignments. Characters of multiple kingdoms and alignments worked together to cast the spell. Dark-auras from the east were needed to assist as well. And instead of simply not cooperating they actively resisted, which changed the course of events.

All signs indicate that the Algorween GRP was planned and executed to be as all-inclusive and non-deterministic as possible. And the end results proved it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:45 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
We actually had darkies and greybies working with the lighties to stop the zombie plaque. We just just didn't manage to get all the pieces together in time. Not everyone is pro-zombie.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:28 pm 
Implementor

Opey wrote:
Because only the staff can bring the game to an end?

This goes without saying, but I specifically stated it anyway in the interests of preemptively addressing your next predictable question. Which you went ahead and then asked anyway for some reason.

Is there anyone that believes it would be fair to everyone involved with the game for the staff to allow a group of players to succeed at a plot line which would force the game to shut down? If anyone would say yes, there is something wrong with that person's sense of fairness and they should perform some intense self-examination.

At any rate, while you can RP end-of-the-world scenarios and the staff will even respond to it in-game with potentially lasting consequences (as we've seen played out with the zombies), everyone else can rest assured that the scenario will not result in game termination.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:08 pm 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
jreid_1985 wrote:
I must be out of touch then. Could you explain to me which areas were originally affected in the west, but are no longer due to the partial purge?

As of the end of the Algorween GRP, the Taslamarans were able to curb the zombies on the roads in their kingdom (but not the fields and plains). They also managed to protect the Scout's Encampment from a full-scale zombie invasion in doing so. That was the state of things for the month of November. Note that the situation has changed again since Friday, December 2nd.

I was trying to find an RP log of that, but couldn't find any. How did they go about purging the zombies from the roads and how many did they need to kill to prevent them from wandering the roads and invading the encampment?

The light have made more effort to rid the zombies, but one area in comparison to the legion losing guards, front gate access to tlaxcala and seaside seems a bit lop-sided. Who makes the call when deciding which and how many areas get shut down?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:49 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
jreid_1985 wrote:

I was trying to find an RP log of that, but couldn't find any. How did they go about purging the zombies from the roads and how many did they need to kill to prevent them from wandering the roads and invading the encampment?

That was the payout for the GRP event. Could have been wider-ranging or further reaching, but I guess it was cooler to snub the event and the people participating in it. The whole "areas closed" problem would have apparently actually gone away if there'd been full success, but that would have required more than just one light aura group working in the final event day.

Though I'm pretty sure you weren't looking for a genuine answer to those questions, there you have one anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:06 pm 
Mortal

ObjectivistActivist wrote:
jreid_1985 wrote:

That was the payout for the GRP event. Could have been wider-ranging or further reaching, but I guess it was cooler to snub the event and the people participating in it. The whole "areas closed" problem would have apparently actually gone away if there'd been full success, but that would have required more than just one light aura group working in the final event day.

Though I'm pretty sure you weren't looking for a genuine answer to those questions, there you have one anyways.

I'm not sure I entirely understand your insinuations. You are saying that I snubbed the event and people participating in it and my questions are invalid because you feel I'm..not looking for genuine answers?
I certainly appreciate your contributions you've demonstrated in both PvE (ending the zombie invasion) and your prowess in the PK realm, but I feel you are misunderstanding my intention or questions here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next