Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zombie Kingdoms
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:17 am 
Mortal

I agree that only necromancers would be interested in what is happening and even then some of these should opposed to what is happening, due to personal twisted agendas not being attainable with everything turning undead. Maybe a few true evil and chaotic characters as well could see this to their benefit due to its threat to destabilizing governing bodies. And these too have a goal in this GRP, namely to counter any attempt to better the situation. Anyone else should do their best to counter the spread of the plague and defeating it. Be it the nobles of Uxmaln having their trade routes made even more dangerous or what ever, be it the Empire where the legions are taking a great toll with cities taken over by zombies (the emperor would care about this!) or be it in Taslamar for reasons I do not need to argue for.

I personally think that the whole GRP may have gone over the top as to what the current player base can handle. There are not enough people who find it worth their time to really dig into the matter? I may be wrong. Also, it seems as if the GRP is also over the top for what the current imm-staff can handle? I may be wrong, but currently I find that there is way too little being implemented to make the Zombie Kingdoms RP immersive and fun for the players that are either new to the game (hell, newbs are getting killed left and right on the roads in Teron and the Empire) or not that easy to persuade into spending time on the GRP. Currently I have only met a little chit-chat IC about the matter, a few noteboard posts and a lot of zombies. Suddenly an area is just zombiefied. It has no immersiveness at all for me at least. I miss something like town criers bringing news from the fronts of the plague spreading. I miss actual battles with the zombie armies taking over areas. Like paladins fighting at the gates of the Bastion of Light and maybe the surrounding area. Zombie armies wandering towards Exile and what not. It requires time and effort from the imm staff which it just seems they do not have, which is cool. I really admire the effort put into this already and the staff has a huge kudos, but as I said - they may have gone a bit over the top in relation to what they have time to do.

And one last thing. I hope something will be done so newbs don't get scared away from the MUD because they constantly die to aggressive zombies while not really understanding what is going on. A news crier at the newb area might be a good idea? Perhaps an amulet that gives death shroud until you are level 15 or so?

TL;DR Everyone has a reason to engage in this GRP, though some might feel it is a waste of their precious game time. Players and imms seem to have a problem handling the GRP and making it an immersive and fun experience. Newbs need to stop dying to aggro zombies.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:07 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Gemyna Milmyra
alvarro wrote:
Perhaps an amulet that gives death shroud until you are level 15 or so?

I think this is a good idea as well. We want to keep our noobs and while this GRP is cool for my player, I can see it as a huge turn off for noobs who don't understand what's going on. This would be a good help for them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:28 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
The zombie grp has not been a good idea. Can we go ahead and end it?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:56 am 
Implementor

The GRP was over a month ago. It was an event with potentially lasting repercussions whose outcome was completely decided by the players involved. One faction actively fought for the zombie apocalypse and won.

Honestly, it wasn't what the staff expected was going to occur. But that's what happens when characters have free will. You can choose to do horrific things and then everyone has to deal with those choices.

As I mentioned on another thread, if anyone wants to attempt to ameliorate or reverse the apocalypse, they need to dream up a theoretical solution, perform RP around it and make sure the staff is aware of that RP at every step. There is at only one group that is actually doing this to my knowledge.

Also, I wouldn't assume that even if they are successful, it will eliminate the zombies everywhere. Perhaps it will only cleanse their particular zone of control. Honestly, I don't even know what will happen, since I'm not in on the plans. I'm just saying that if you want to be certain the zombies go away, you should start your own initiative and not rely on others.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:01 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
The only problem I have with it is the login screen, to be honest. Gave me some crazy sticker shock when I connected in after a while of being inactive. I was worried I'd plugged into the wrong game.

I'm not averse to the idea of the players being forced to fix the problem, as long as it's a reasonable solution. I know that none of my characters have any effort into fixing it aside from once during the GRP.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:14 am 
Implementor

The ZK logo was kind of a joke that we put up there when we still thought it was not going to actually end that way. But unfortunately it's kind of a true representation of the current state of the world. And hopefully it reminds people that there is something that could use their help if they want to make it change.

Since any solution is entirely in player's hands to dream up, you are the first pass author on how reasonable it will be. Naturally it won't be a total give away. The DM has an obligation to not just hand out freebies. How would that be any fun? And also not fair to the faction who strived for this outcome.

Even though, oddly, that faction now seems to not like the outcome they fought for and appears to have largely decided to quit the game in protest of what they themselves accomplished. Players are weird sometimes. But having second thoughts only after causing a holocaust and then suiciding when the realization of what you've done sinks in is both pathetic and doesn't solve anything.

Despite that, we are encouraging that faction (those remaining anyway) to make and execute plans for zombie elimination. The staff is here to work with everyone on any plans, including the original instigators.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:14 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Rolf
This grp feels forced down the throats of the p-base. Honestly, if there are any players who actually enjoy it I will shut up but I don't think there are any.

You seem to be saying that some people tried to increase the zombies, succeeded and then quit the game. Is that what you're saying? If so, why allow them to continue to impact a game they've quit? Why should the rest of the game (players) suffer? And why should they be forced into a storyline they don't like and don't want to participate in?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 am 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
So as I read the complaints and what dulrik is trying to tell everyone...why is it that the majority of the pbase left can't be bothered to rp a solution rather [REDACTED] on the forums about it? Does it suck, yes. Is there a fix, no. Because no one isn't bothering to think of a solution. So instead of adding items to the game for a patch to beine lazy, why not quite hiding find some peeps and fix it with some glorious rp. I mean that's what this game is about rp.

/end rant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:45 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
The issue here is that anyone who's been around isn't really seriously impacted by this. The imms need to get more dramatic and start permanently closing areas, cabals, and potentially professions to demonstrate how serioius this epidemic is.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:03 am 
Mortal

My only personal issue with the GRP is....how does someone, or a group of someones, just randomly RP up a cure to a continent-wide plague of necromancy?

The only possible avenues of RP for something like this seem to be just spamming prayers and hoping the gods do it, or having the IMM(s) running the GRP give you a route to resolving the RP.

The latter appeared to be happening, but to my knowledge, Karsh was the only PC being given information, and he seems to have been largely MIA for almost two weeks now?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next