Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zombie Kingdoms
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:57 am 
Implementor

Jomino wrote:
If everyone is really interested in when things started to go bad in this GRP, maybe you should start at the very first event in the GRP, which was essentially turned in to an equipment transfer to benefit the lighties.

Jomino, I believe it would be worthwhile to clear the air about this, so please PM me with the exact details from your perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:42 pm 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
Jomino, I believe it would be worthwhile to clear the air about this, so please PM me with the exact details from your perspective.

I will do that.

But this thread has become a public, one sided dialogue of how every one on the light side did everything right, and every one on the dark side did everything wrong. It's time someone spoke up, because this is simply not true.

Of course, I am not surprised this happened since the people filling up this thread with opinions and narratives were either not involved at all, or never once interacted with my character during the GRP.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:32 am 
Implementor

Jomino wrote:
Dulrik wrote:

I will do that.

Great. I haven't seen anything from you yet, but when I do I will follow up on it.

Jomino wrote:
But this thread has become a public, one sided dialogue of how every one on the light side did everything right, and every one on the dark side did everything wrong. It's time someone spoke up, because this is simply not true.

I just scanned the thread again and I don't see anything about how "the light side did everything right". With regard to the outcome, the light failed to complete their objective. Dark-aligned elements from the east succeeded in their goal of scuttling the anti-zombie spell. There have been a few posts from players on the light side who expressed their enjoyment with the GRP (despite their lack of success), but that's different from what you just claimed.

I have been trying to respond to all constructive questions and critiques in this thread. It has gotten to the point where my other MUD work has been put on hold due to the forums monopolizing all my free time over the last week. That being said, I will continue responding to this thread, as I have time, for at least a few more days.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:42 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
People only see what they see, the more secret you are of your plans are the harder it is for everyone to interact with them. This is one of my points on communications. If you have a log of you working towards something you need to send it to an Imm preferably pre the log with the goals and tasks then send the log to the Imm with a short run down of what happens in it (so they can safe time and skim the log to save time).

This brings up an idea Im not sure its possible on the current forums, if the log page could have an Imm/self posted only view able area added. You could post logs with current IC information in it there. The Imms could review and read logs on pushes to make change. Once the change has taken effect or the log is no longer only safe for Imm (with players opt in/out) viewing it could be moved to the public area. This would hopefully help empower the player driven story lines and more importantly give an avenue for such to take place with out Imm play times needing to be as much as a factor. The moving it to the public area would then populate the log forum with interesting logs and hopefully show new players how they can impact the mud. A few disclaimers might need to go up on it regarding timelines and Imm amount of time. It would also be a good place for an Imm to be able to post on ideas sorry hands are full right now check back later vs idea is hard/unpopular probably not going to happen, even like the idea but how about we look at it from this angle so it is more inclusive of the mud

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:48 am 
Mortal

Christmas is in five days and we are still on the Halloween GRP. Anyone going to wrap this up so we can have a merry Yiggmas?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:03 pm 
Mortal

Hey guys. I have this relic that nobody else thought of because it's not even in the game. It can kill all the zombies in the world. Shazam. I cured SK of zombies.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:06 pm 
Implementor

TheX wrote:
Christmas is in five days and we are still on the Halloween GRP. Anyone going to wrap this up so we can have a merry Yiggmas?

I have addressed this before, but I will explain it again. The Halloween GRP ended a few days into November. It's long since been over and done. The zombie apocalypse is no longer something that can be stopped. It is something that has already happened. The result has been the destruction and/or infestation of large sections of the world. This is now the status quo of the world of Pyrathia, which means it is the current and permanent state of affairs.

Some of these locations are now simply beyond redemption and you will never see them again in their old state. Some examples (but not necessarily limited to) include: Crossroads Haven, Mortoon, the Tower of Necromancy.

Other areas are potentially redeemable. Some examples (but not necessarily limited to) include: Krychire, the Bastion of Light, Seaside, Tlaxcala, the Menegroth-Tlaxcala Tunnel, and the Zhang Tunnel. But barring the action of heroes (player characters) making an active effort to purge the infestation and taking measures (physical or magical) to prevent their return, these areas will also stay in their current infested and largely inaccessible state. (Note: Bastion of Light is an example of an infested but accessible area.)

Zombies also roam the wilderness far and wide, devouring the peasants that farm the food and mine the minerals that fuel civilization. They will also need to be dealt with through the use of rituals that can affect kingdom-scale areas (which has so far been performed with some success for Taslamar and Uxmal, but not yet for the Empire or the Northern Wastes).

How can your character make a difference? Brainstorm an idea that you think would help. This can be as simple as 'let's organize a road patrol for the Empire' or as fantastical as 'let's craft a beacon of necromantic energy that will permanently attract all the zombies to the Northern Wastes'.

Then tell your friends in game. Evangelize it on the note boards. Log all the actions and RP that you performed in the game. Send your idea and those logs to the Kingdom Director for the affected zone. Also post your log for public consumption in the Log Forum. This is how your actions will be definitively noticed in a way that can cause change to happen.

It's your character and your idea. No one on the staff is going to initiate a fix for the world. This is simply how things are now. But we are willing to respond to and work with plans that are proposed and role played out in game. They may or may not work exactly how you envisioned, but some storytelling will occur and the world will very likely improve for the better due to your efforts.

But without such actions, the zombie will never go away. And even if heroes are successful in purging all of civilization, the zombies will likely survive on the fringes and continue to plague the Shattered Kingdoms for a long time to come.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:22 pm 
Mortal

I hate to say it, but it seems so blatant at this point, I can't avoid doing so.

Is staff deliberately trying to make the game less fun at this point? It's 6PM EST at the moment, and there are 2 people logged on.

Nobody is interested in this GRP.

Even OA/Karsh, who tried for the longest, has shown 0 interest in this since the Crossroads Haven stuff which was weeks ago now.

We did a big RP thing to try and resolve this, and nothing has changed except staff closed another zone permanently.

Why should anybody bother trying more?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:49 pm 
Mortal

Well, ok, but I made the decision to abstain from the GRP in the first place, and this isn't going to change my mind much. This whole thing is most likely just make me play another game. I was hoping it would get ended to draw back the population we lost to it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:53 pm 
Implementor

TacoRobot wrote:
I hate to say it, but it seems so blatant at this point, I can't avoid doing so.

Is staff deliberately trying to make the game less fun at this point? It's 6PM EST at the moment, and there are 2 people logged on.

Nobody is interested in this GRP.

Even OA/Karsh, who tried for the longest, has shown 0 interest in this since the Crossroads Haven stuff which was weeks ago now.

We did a big RP thing to try and resolve this, and nothing has changed except staff closed another zone permanently.

Why should anybody bother trying more?

Not sure how many more ways that I have to say it: The GRP is over. The zombies are here to stay unless you specifically want to try to get a new GRP started to obliterate them completely. But I am fine with them being here permanently. Zombie horror is a permanent part of the SK campaign setting now.

If you have believe the zombies affect the playability of the game for newbies, then I'd like to see a PM in my box with very specific itemized concerns: Which specific areas are a problem? Which specific NPCs that spawn within those zones are a problem? If I get those specifics, the staff may tweak things to alleviate those issues.

In response to Crossroads Haven RP, the zombie spawns throughout Uxmal, particularly the roads, were lowered from common to very rare. With regard to Crossroads Haven, the area has been permanently retired. This was going to happen one way or the other because there was a desire to replace Crossroads Haven with something else in the future. This storyline was the thematic way to perform the demolition to make way for new things. But other areas could come back into service if player action paves the way for that. I specifically listed in my earlier note which ones can be redeemed and which ones will not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next