Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Leadership update
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:06 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
My suggestion is that we do away with the whole "Patron Imm" system, and just endow every admin with the same privileges as every other. It's not like there's a lot to manage, with the playerbase so pitifully low.

I can only speak for myself but the wait time (and total lack of response from my patron imm - emails, pms, & prayers) is discouraging me to play.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:06 pm 
Immortal

archaicsmurf wrote:
My suggestion is that we do away with the whole "Patron Imm" system, and just endow every admin with the same privileges as every other. It's not like there's a lot to manage, with the playerbase so pitifully low.

I can only speak for myself but the wait time (and total lack of response from my patron imm - emails, pms, & prayers) is discouraging me to play.

I can understand the frustration, and realistically the main reason against this has always been the more RP side of things, as well as preventing confusion from "Too Many Cooks" for people in a given cabal.

Perhaps it could make sense to maintain an RP-point person for each cabal for things like leadership and cabal RP ideas, but allow all the admins some add/remove privileges?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:24 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
Algorab wrote:
Perhaps it could make sense to maintain an RP-point person for each cabal for things like leadership and cabal RP ideas, but allow all the admins some add/remove privileges?

That sounds very good step in the right direction. Is there also an easy means to alert leaders of new/removed members?
Handling leadership changes has... been complicated.

*I know the difficulty (first hand) of what happens when staff is inactive over a leadership change.
*I know given RP circumstances the complexity that some leadership changes can present.
*I know what happens when RP happens, a decision is made, and the leadership change mechanically is held up over a week (first hand). Staff hasn't mechanically made the change, so is the new leader the new leader?
*I've also seen what happens when another admin tries to step in and help, with the best of intentions.
*I've also known why at times when it would seem reasonable staff would have stepped in to help something, why they didn't interfere.

If there was a staff member or 2 who overall had the responsibility of overseeing leadership changes (in event primary admin not present) and there were some policies to assist in consistency of decision making, it may work. It could be too easy to make multiple problems trying to solve this one, if not careful.