Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Complaint about saxifragaceae
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:05 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Trosis wrote:
So is it against the rules to be in an inn and not say a word to anyone?
I’d argue not. But I would argue that over-harassment is violating the golden rule, rule 1.
A little bit of “I’m a dick” RP is fine. But there is a line where you’re violating rule 1.

This is why Wheaton's law, which was coined as a phrase to condemn the standard X-Box live player telling you about his romantic endeavors with your mother, is vastly insufficient as the central phrase in an RP-centric game like Shattered Kingdoms.

In Shattered Kingdoms, it should be perfectly well and accepted to "be a dick" provided it is your character being a dick to to other characters, not you as a player being a dick to another player. Extending beyond that into OOC harassment is when it becomes unacceptable. Any story grows stale without conflict, just as stale as it is with no characters in the story at all.

SK is a game that is all but guaranteed to get people who participate in PK hot under the collar at some point or another. Regardless of what side you may feel you are on, the desired goal should be that anyone who starts to feel themselves frustrated at the other player instead of their character should take a step back and assess their perspective.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:09 am 
Mortal

Horse is dead and repeatedly beaten. Let’s lock this up huh, and focus on real issues like why is there an in game NPC collecting used toilet paper? I need some back story on this.

Hugs and Kisses

Solus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:19 pm 
Mortal

Sometimes your dealt a bad hand. All you can really do is die and reroll. But if you reroll with the same behaviors, your going to end up the same way.

I mean if you venture off into a goblin cave and die. What do you expect? An IMM to hold your hand? Nope.

If you choose to play a certain way and pisses off another player, that was your choice. The best thing to do to get out of any bad situations is to change your own behaviors to get better results instead of fighting it, kicking and screaming. The best way to influence someone is to change your own behavior instead of changing someone elses'. You cant expect to be stubborn and not change as a person while expecting other people to wholeheartedly accept you. If you do, your screwed in life.

Theres a Japanese saying, "if your a nail that sticks out, your a nail that will stay out"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4