Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Complaint about saxifragaceae
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 pm 
Mortal

You should be complaning about me, because I am playing the characters you are talking about. I have to admit while everything was IC this rant is amusing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:18 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
TheX wrote:
You should be complaning about me, because I am playing the characters you are talking about. I have to admit while everything was IC this rant is amusing.

Are you the guy who kept his identity secret in the VoA? And you wedeent irritated by Leila on the day that is being mentioned?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:23 am 
Mortal

The game of shadows is afoot. Who holds gear? My character is guilty of it at the moment because I’m trying to figure out what the hell it does or doesn’t do, but my character certainly cant figure it out on his own.

I can understand your plight gregi, I used to cry too and then get yelled at for it. (Its true, you can look at SKUser1, my other account, I literally titled a thread Another QQ.) But here I am, I learned to move on, and not hold a grudge. I think the mood in the realms is, everyone is going to help you, unless you blatantly deny help or your two alignments are so far off, it just makes zero RP sense.

You need help in the realms, shoot me a PM, I can help, and probably strong enough at this point to start smashing faces.

Hugs and Kisses,

Solus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:48 am 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
I split out all this drama into its own thread because it had sidetracked the conversation. It doesn't really belong anywhere on these forums, but for now I put it into The Pantheon instead of being in Gameplay. Might remove it later once everyone is ready to move on.

I responded to a comment about why I'm less interested in playing this game anymore in a topic that seemed to be aimed at improving the situation. Like I said, it wasn't a complaint exclusive to saxifragaceae. It's the general attitude of some of the remaining players. A bit long winded since I wanted to include details of my experience, but the point was that nobody wants to play with a bunch of jerks.

TheX wrote:

Perfect example. There is nothing IC about encouraging players to perform an act that I would consider sexual harassment. You were well within your rights to hate on my character, but it's the way you went about it and the fact that you don't see it as a problem. And if anything is funny, it's your inability to improve as a player in a shrinking game community. You haven't changed and it really shows that you enjoy this game on a level that I can't. If I were even slightly interested, I'd just roll on you like all your previous characters that crossed mine, but you can have your sole victory over my level 30 character in academy gear. Kudos to your achievements.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:54 pm 
Mortal

Gergi,

I am having a hard time understanding what you’re upset about. You are jumping from one thing to another. You had an issue in game with a character or characters.

You did not enjoy the interactions in which you had, as your character and personally. You told the character to stop? IC’ly or OOC’ly?

This is essentially an open world, where there are thousands of personality types, play styles and situations you may or may not like. You can literally be a transsexual dominatrix with a fetish for squishing goldfish with your nose.

Point is, you cannot be in control of the world, you can only be in control of your character, so do what makes your character feel better. If that is ganking Leila and pooping on her corpse, do it, and take what you want from her, but know there are always consequences.

If you feel you are personally being attack, not youre character, pray to the imms, send Dulrik a PM and log it.

I’ve been playing this game since 2005, Ive had complaints about certain players, and usually I log the situation and offer up my complaint. Turned out, I was wrong most of the time, because I took the problem personally.

My advice, if you want something, ask for it, if some one is harassing you tell them to stop and if some one kills you, they could be dicks, but you probably earned it.

Now, I am going to go roll a necro, and assume everyone is going to try to kill me.

Hugs and Kisses,

Solus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:43 pm 
Mortal

First, you should apologize for ripping the wrong person a new one.

Second, everything was IC, I have only a couple people I recognize, otherwise unless someone tells me are so and so, it's just a hunch. So, none of this was an IC attack. Your character was prompted multiple times over real life days to respond, you continued to ignore EVERYONE on an IC level and things escalated. It was not singling out due to any OOC info, you roleplayed a lousy char that nobody liked and got treated that way.

Third, if being deficated and urinated on while you slept was not enough reason to justify an IC action, I am not really sure what is, and your continuing to ignore people and running to the IMMS is also telling of your mindset.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:46 pm 
Mortal

Like I said, saxifragaceae had a role in my negative experience. Just because I wrongly assumed the player was in control of more characters than I had thought doesn't change that fact.

I won't try explaining why you're wrong. I don't see any reason considering how long you've been playing this game.

I'll say this for anyone who had previously chimed in. How hard is it to ignore someone who is ignoring you? It's not. Why go out of your way to annoy that person? Why would anyone want to stick around for that? There are literally hundreds of free games available where they won't have to deal with people like you.

If you were there and you didn't figure that out, you're part of the problem. A full group and not a single person thought to suggest ignoring my character in response instead of harassing him as a group. I know I would have, but I'm also considerate of other players with the understanding that this game is losing players and any reason, however minor, is enough to quit since there are plenty of other places to go where things like this aren't even an issue.

But whatever. Keep bleeding players and wondering why. I'm sure it'll stay fun for all the people who are still around. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:59 am 
Mortal

Hiya Gergi,

As much as I’d like you to stay because you’re right, we need players, it doesn’t sound like an open world RPG game fits your play style.

While I hope you would reconsider, and maybe adapt your play style, I wish you the best.

Hugs and Kisses,

Solus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:48 pm 
Mortal

Solus wrote:
Hiya Gergi,

As much as I’d like you to stay because you’re right, we need players, it doesn’t sound like an open world RPG game fits your play style.

I agree with this assesment and belive that was what previous posts were tying to convey.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:00 pm 
Immortal

I'm right there with the majority of people who posted regarding this. It's an interactive game. I would love to have tons of players new, and old. A player who chooses not to interact with anyone ever can be replaced with a NPC though, because at least NPCs will throw you a social back. They can also be a drain on resources when people think this non-interacting character is violating other rules because of their non-interactive nature.

I'd also say, non-interactive characters even when done "well" tend to cause problems like this. There have been characters RP'd as mute, without a tongue, and all manner of other maladies and they always seem to rub at least some people the wrong way.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next