Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Complaint about saxifragaceae
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:17 am 
Mortal

saxifragaceae wrote:
i'm still here!

as far as i know, there was no great fallout between the staff and players or even among most players. dulrik's been receptive to some recent suggestions and made changes to accommodate them, and the current rules manager emphasizes diplomacy and consensus. so, i guess people just got bored. i hope people will come back eventually.

I don't play because of you. I suspect you have 2-4 alts that lock down a significant portion of easily acquired items used for general exploring (ex. You don't need 3 malachite wands when you only maintain hours. They hold at least seven charges each. There are maybe 10 in the game and you have more than half). This issue isn't exclusive to you, like that character with 5+ shield potions from a shop that sells maybe 10 total.

Oh, there was also the incident where you blatantly abuse mechanics(spamming wake on my character purely to troll) and transferring conflicts across characters(Using your alt to kill my character without any reason or RP before and after), and the lack of any action from the staff in that case(Thanks for "reminding" a veteran player about the rules and ignoring the bigger violation to the staff member who responded).

And in case you're wondering, I think my OOC remark was justified since your actions were OOC. I was trying to level a character who was probably 15-20 at the time while AFKish in the A.M hours and you insisted on annoying me instead of helping or just leaving me alone. You were acting very much like what I said you were. I continued playing despite your combined efforts with other vets trying to discourage me. Thanks to the one outlier who didn't and tried interacting with my character, I remember it was a rogue or swashbuckler but they've gone inactive since then.

I was going with a really different character concept this time around so I'll take some blame, but if your first impression starts with you trying to annoy someone to acknowledge you then it's not hard to figure out why somebody wouldn't want to stick around. The fact that you were also a established character only enforced the idea that this game is going down and it has since then. Not that it was all your fault since there were at least 3 other veterans involved in the ongoing harassment of my level 30ish character.

Not to say it's all bad. If you also play another character I'm thinking about then we've had at least one brief interaction that wasn't bad quite recently. I'm not saying everything has to be rainbows and sunshine otherwise the game isn't fun, but annoying someone isn't the way to go about encouraging those same people to play more.

By the way, my character considered himself living trash during the low levels. He wasn't ignoring you, he was staying out of your way. Another concept you might have caught wind of from my cabal interview was something I put together after the aforementioned incident.

Post subject: Re: what happens if sk dies?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:40 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
are you the dude whose entire way of playing sk was kill NPC; recall; sleep; walk e, and never interacting with any other player in any capacity? "staying out of our way" would be to not repeatedly come to a crowded inn i think? and your adj was haughty so obviously characters would make assumptions and want to interact with you. And then at gm you're just like what up bitches now i want to actually play? i get it could be a valid rp choice, but that rp choice will come with rp consequences, like other characters getting curious or annoyed by your silence.

i think you should try again. some characters are annoying; leila is one of them. quiet mode, going to another inn, or literally ignoring her are solutions, and the latter would drive her character crazy. idk about the cabal/rules stuff, but i think you are more annoyed that rp doesn't go your way than anything else.

as someone who probably played one of the characters you didn't like, i hope you come back and try again, and maybe be a little more interactive if you want, or a little more avoidant if you want that too. nobody wants to discourage you... in fact it's the opposite, people want interaction with you and to see what your character's like.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:52 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
gergi wrote:
saxifragaceae wrote:
I don't play because of you.
<snip>

I do have three malachite wands and I have two characters with equipment. I have woken up one character in in an inn repeatedly. I have definitely sent a lot of annoying tells. But, I'm not sure my alt is who you think it is, based on the rest of your comments.

If you want a malachite wand, you could ask me for one or kill me and take everything. Killing my character is an appropriate response to her being obnoxious, but if this is something you can't tolerate or your character can't find an IC motivation to kill her, just send me an -OOC- tell and ask me to leave you alone.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 am 
Mortal

You're surprised I didn't engage the party who was literally grouped with a character who is harassing me for the sake of trolling?

And it's not that I want to "play now that I'm GM", I've been playing the entire time while you and your friends were getting annoyed by the silence of one low level character. I'm just not a detriment to the people who aren't running around grouped with your lot, so I guess my impact is smaller.

What are you saying to try again? Try and not get harassed OOCly by a group of veteran players? Why should I have to interact with people at the inn when they've already taken sides in what is, again, a OOC interaction? You don't spam wake on a character more than 8 times without it being OOC motivated.

Your character only had two interactions with mine from what I can recall. The first was with yours telling mine it's his fault for being harassed OOCly when I responded by ignoring you. Big surprise. The second time was you just asking me to leave Nerina so you're not in a awkward position if someone from your entourage kills me a second time for no reason. I didn't know your character and you didn't know mine, the only difference was that I gave you the benefit of doubt before our initial interaction. It was very obvious that you had no interest in my character based on those interactions. To suggest otherwise is hilarious.

saxifragaceae wrote:
I do have three malachite wands and I have two characters with equipment. I have woken up one character in in an inn repeatedly. I have definitely sent a lot of annoying tells. But, I'm not sure my alt is who you think it is, based on the rest of your comments.

I notice similarities in some patterns and assumed you held six across two characters. My mistake. I thought you also played the one who kept urinating and defecating on my character and tried encouraging everyone who passed by to do the same since that one is also active. I guess it was just someone else in your party.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:59 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
gergi wrote:
I notice similarities in some patterns and assumed you held six across two characters. My mistake. I thought you also played the one who kept urinating and defecating on my character and tried encouraging everyone who passed by to do the same since that one is also active. I guess it was just someone else in your party.

Oh my God, no, no, no. I am not that player nor is that player/character part of my 'entourage.'

I can see why you'd be especially pissed off if you thought all of these things were from the same player.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:13 am 
Mortal

Railroaded.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:23 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
Look, I don't think it was OOC harassment but we all, ICLY, thought your character was rude, and had multiple IC convos about it, wanted to know who was coming in our inn and ignoring everyone, etc. In my opinion, it was all IC. There are thousands of other rooms, and about 6 other inns with faster regen rates, than the crowded ones with lots of lively people. None of this was OOC harassment; I don't think I ever sent you an OOC tell. I think you're projecting OOC intentions when there were none. I don't think anyone "took sides" and if they did, not many would take sides with Leila.

I don't know about urinating/defecating thing, but that's gross and I would probably not want to play after that either.

Again, the curiosity of "who is this guy?" isn't particularly out of the ordinary for a game with few players. I hope, genuinely, you keep playing with a fresher perspective. IDK who did the other thing, but that sort of weirds me out on your behalf.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:08 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
If Leila bothers you just ask a na'rue for help and we will gank her for you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:10 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Despite this particular incident, I’ve seen Leila harassing lowbies while they’re leveling.
I had to run her off from the Valley of Ashes because she was bugging a group that was leveling there.

It irritated me as well because I could sense that people were losing joy in the game because of her actions. I don’t think it requires punishment, but she should acknowledge that being annoying like that is a turn off to people when they don’t want it.

This previously-mentioned Incident is deplorable. Someone isn’t playing SK because of the unnessecary annoyance caused by another player.
I’m not going full sjw here. But come on. The grind sucks. Let people focus on the grind without interruption. Especially when they have limited time and while we have limited numbers.

In regards to the people vs the imms, I will say that our most recent spike in activity came when Jennbo posted on another site that Thuban was gone. It sucks, but there are a number of players that got harassed in his wake. I wish something could be done to fix that distrust in the imm staff. What that is, I do not know.

I also mentioned to Dulrik that he should pull up all emails associated with forumID’s. Send them an invite to SK and give them a boost to Mentor or so so they could skip the grind and get back into action. I was told it was a good idea, but nothing came of it.
I’m open to other ideas on how to bring old players back as well.
I’d rather have old players back rather than pull in new players. Because new players are very far and few between.

Post subject: Re: Complaint about saxifragaceae
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:12 am 
Implementor

I split out all this drama into its own thread because it had sidetracked the conversation. It doesn't really belong anywhere on these forums, but for now I put it into The Pantheon instead of being in Gameplay. Might remove it later once everyone is ready to move on.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next