Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Oathbreaker
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:00 pm 
Mortal

I'm opening up a discussion about the Oathbreaker flag, as I am currently experiencing a situation.

Should the oathbreaker flag be removeable? Why or Why not?

If it is removed, should it be up to the cabal the invididual wishes to join whether they are accepted into the cabal or not?

remove if you want imms, but this should be openly discussed.

Post subject: Re: Oathbreaker
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:19 pm 
Gold Donor

Personally, I think someone should only get an oathbreaker flag for being ejected from a religion, a non-removable mark of the character's betrayal to the Gods.

Leaving a Cabal / Tribunal on good terms should carry no oathbreaker flag, and being ejected from a cabal/tribunal could come with a potentially removable flag but not as serious as being ejected from a religion.

And just for fun, if one is ejected from a religion and marked oathbreaker, they can type 'thuban' into the command line to automatically join the Thuban religion :devil:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:21 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
I don’t think we have enough of a player base to be super picky. Kinda agree with the_me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:54 pm 
Mortal

The idea of oathbreaker is to prevent players from jumping from one cabal/tribunal to another.

Removal of oathbreaker has always required the special rubber seal of approval in special circumstances of RP/situations. Once you join an organization, you are expected to withhold those oath that you have taken until death. Its not like marriage where you can divorce every few years. I only recall once where oathbreaker flag was removed where everyone in Hammer was removed when cleaning house.

Personally I like this so I can join any organization as a Thubanite and play spy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:39 pm 
Immortal

Just to clarify so that discussion is a bit more reality-based...

Oathbreaker is not, and never has been a removable flag. It is, however, a flag that can be over-ridden by the staff in situations that warrant it.

Generally, this means continuing to play the character for a prolonged period of time, without a cabal, and maintaining RP that fits the cabal they are attempting to join for the duration. Other factors could include how the oathbreaker flag was obtained, the cabal they are trying to enter in relation to the one left, and similar situational details.

This possibility, and it only being a possibility, are already discussed within the oathbreaker help file.

---

Aside from oathbreaker, I'll take this time to remind everyone that while cabals are player-led, ultimately the patron immortal in charge of the cabal has final authority when it comes to both group direction, as well as membership. It doesn't come up very often because the vast majority of characters with fitting RP are approved within the 2-week window when there is active leadership, and the number of denials has always been minuscule, but it does come up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:55 pm 
Mortal

Oathbreaker system is fine as it right now.

Of all my years of playing SK 20+ years, I've only seen one time oathbreaker flag was removed. So its a pretty rare occurrence. I've seen a lot of people get shot down for oathbreak flag removal for RP reasons because it wasn't substantial enough for the removal.