Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Adventurer's Guild - Note from Paeru
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:12 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Or instead of making code changes to eliminate the abuse, you could just provide a clear un-arguable ruling of “you cannot leave Wands on tribunal guards.” And I think that would be much simpler and transparent and leaves no room for interpretation.

I didn’t mean for this to turn into an argument. I requested clear rules of conduct. My request was denied. Done deal.
I will refrain from continuing to post on this topic.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:07 pm 
Immortal

Trosis wrote:
Or instead of making code changes to eliminate the abuse, you could just provide a clear un-arguable ruling of “you cannot leave Wands on tribunal guards.” And I think that would be much simpler and transparent and leaves no room for interpretation.

I didn’t mean for this to turn into an argument. I requested clear rules of conduct. My request was denied. Done deal.
I will refrain from continuing to post on this topic.

It's a pretty clear rule of conduct I think. Don't do things that would deny others access to the items.

I will add, if you or anyone else is truly worried that something may run afoul, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to give you an answer, but if you PM'd me all the things you asked about here, I would tell you I would advise against every single one. Some due to the risk, and others because they would be legitimately something that would get it removed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:40 am 
Mortal

So, don't leave wands on tribunal NPCs, then?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:34 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Rules need to be general and open to some interpretation. The more specific things are, the more loopholes people will find. It goes beyond not leaving wands on tribunal guards from glancing at the original post. Don't bury them in random places. Don't lock them up where other players can't reach them. I can open a chest with my religion symbol, so I probably shouldn't put the wand in there either. I know there have been complaints in the past with imms interpreting and enforcing rules differently, so I understand the push for clarity, but there will always be a human element to the game that cannot be removed. Humans make errors.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:50 am 
Mortal

If the rule is:

Don't stash these items anywhere that isn't in your inventory.

That would create a rule which is clear, specific and avoids these loopholes you're talking about.

Is that the rule?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:48 am 
Immortal

yrangol wrote:
If the rule is:

Don't stash these items anywhere that isn't in your inventory.

That would create a rule which is clear, specific and avoids these loopholes you're talking about.

Is that the rule?

What you said would probably be a decent guideline for people, but it doesn't encompass enough.

"I wasn't stashing it, I just dropped it on the ground where I happened to be."(Which happened to be in a hard to reach end game area)

"I wasn't stashing it, I just decided to grab them all and idle in a limited access area."

"I wasn't stashing it, I just needed to log out briefly, so I dropped them and something came up."

I can tell you people would absolutely argue the meaning of the word stash, so if we're basing the level of clarity on the complete inability of anyone to construe it in a way that benefits them instead of others? Simply not possible. The rule is clear the intent of Paeru is to maintain access to the items for ALL guild members, and actions will be taken with that in mind.

Don't deny people access to the items, or access will eventually be denied to you. Egregious violators are going to be noticed and dealt with before someone dropping them to take a [REDACTED] for a minute, but the point isn't to challenge people to find ways that aren't covered by a line of RP text from a NPC character on a text-based game, but for people to examine the actions they are taking themselves and make a conscious decision that what they are doing fits in-line with not denying people access.