Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dig Two Graves Part II - Bonanza - Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:36 am 
Immortal

BAI7l7 wrote:
How often will stats be posted? When people see numbers, that gets the competition juices flowing.

Every day or two, I'm going to try to post them every morning, but there may be days it slips my mind. The influx may also slow down enough to make every other day acceptable.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:18 am 
Immortal

Just to let everyone know, there was an issue with people turning in the flakes too fast for the global recorder to stay caught up, so I've added an additional lag beyond the warning to help insure that all flakes going forward will be counted properly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:37 pm 
Mortal

Dimbledumble has 600. So if the global counters dont catch it, will it still count?

I dont plan on collecting anymore because this play style does not suit me. I still hope that I get a cookie for that 600 =)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:42 pm 
Immortal

BAI7l7 wrote:
Dimbledumble has 600. So if the global counters dont catch it, will it still count?

I dont plan on collecting anymore because this play style does not suit me. I still hope that I get a cookie for that 600 =)

Your individual contribution will absolutely count for the individual rewards, however sadly it's not really possible to know how many of those actually counted into the overall total prior to the fix.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:07 pm 
Mortal

I can see how that can be confusing. Like how many of my 600 is currently being counted vs not counted. Seems impossible to even adjust it even if there is a reference point when the total counter is counting other people's snowflake as well.

Is there a way to audit each individual and redo the whole tally thing?
Check Player 1. See count. Add count to team darky.
Check Player 2. See count. Add count to team lighty.

Or just PM you our snowflake submission.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:34 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
I would be in favor of buffing the monsters with some additional abilities, hp, and damage. I think they also should engage regardless if you're second row to avoid farming the portals which is currently the primary tactic for those competing.

Also coin would be mint.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:35 am 
Immortal

BAI7l7 wrote:
I can see how that can be confusing. Like how many of my 600 is currently being counted vs not counted. Seems impossible to even adjust it even if there is a reference point when the total counter is counting other people's snowflake as well.

Is there a way to audit each individual and redo the whole tally thing?
Check Player 1. See count. Add count to team darky.
Check Player 2. See count. Add count to team lighty.

Or just PM you our snowflake submission.

The largest problem is the inability to get that info from people offline, and self-reporting is likely to just end up with some people doing it, some people not doing it, and even if they do I'd still need to verify each one in-game. Turn ins would also need to be stopped entirely while all that data was gathered, otherwise we would end up with double counts instead.

It would likely be exchanging one batch of unknown uncounted for another batch of unknown uncounted. I do have the ability to reset the global count entirely, but I don't really think anyone wants that(I know I don't).

In practice it was probably a relatively equal under counting(both sides were doing some heavy turn ins initially), and about two days out of a likely 20+, so the actual impact on the final light/dark tally will be negligible, and it will still count for individual rewards either way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:49 am 
Immortal

archaicsmurf wrote:
I would be in favor of buffing the monsters with some additional abilities, hp, and damage. I think they also should engage regardless if you're second row to avoid farming the portals which is currently the primary tactic for those competing.

Also coin would be mint.

Some of this is very likely to happen, the idea was they start off at their weakest, and gradually gain strength and power as Kakuri further merges with Pyrathia and more of the power flows to this side(in line with the RP some people have been a part of).

I may try to work on something as far as targeting, I may not. The reason the targeting is working as it is currently is due to my efforts to make these wandering more powerful "aggressive" NPCs more newbie/low-level friendly by having them ignore lower level people. I could work on beefing up the targeting, but a decent sanctuary spell would still likely be sufficient to stop the attacks. Can't say it won't happen, there are just some other "more fun" things I'll probably be putting my efforts into for now.

A desire for coin has been a common refrain, but it wouldn't make much sense for fairly bestial creatures from another world to have money, and as I said before, this isn't supposed to be a replacement for anything else people are doing, but just something additional to possibly do. I'm afraid adding a monetary incentive would make it feel worse and more mandatory for the people that aren't into it.

But I'll definitely keep it in mind.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:34 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Okay that all makes sense! Thanks for responding. Look forward to the next phases. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:12 pm 
Immortal

It took quite a bit to get everything squared away, but the new aspect of the larger event should be live in-game now.

Since it took me longer than I anticipated to get everything up and running, I'm going to provide a bit more information than usual about what was added. There will be an IC posting as well.

The glittering portals that spawn creatures will now become increasingly connected to Pyrathia the longer they are allowed to spawn creatures, strengthening the bond and increasing the chance the portals survive their demise to allow entrance into areas of merging and conflict.

The creatures within these areas of planar strife are substantially stronger than those it summons, but they do drop a few additional items you may find useful.

These include already decaying/crumbling consumables(these will rot after a fairly decent period of game time), fresher versions of the items that will last roughly 20x the time of the decaying versions, and empty consumables for brewing/scribbling. That means none of the these items are "permanent", but the numbers were based off the average of the various paragon hours, and a bit of simple math to give your average player at least about a month of usage, and the "decaying" versions about 4-5 hours.

I'm also open to feedback on difficulty, or other types of useful things you would like to see.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next