Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Four more gold stars and you can get that new special helmet
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:55 am 
Immortal

gnalish wrote:
Being related isn't the problem in itself. All of the spheres being generally the same thing is.

Yet not more than a page or two ago you said you understood how they were different.

gnalish wrote:
We all know what luck and fate are, and could spend hours arguing on exactly how they differ, suffice it to say they are different enough where they don't encompass the same things. (Remember, this is referring back to Marfik, who might as well have disorder and confusion as his spheres.) Storms, however, have almost nothing to do with luck or fate (again, depending on how you're looking at it, and whether or not you have a garden, etc.).

Except as I already said I wanted disorder over Chaos, and confusion was not a sphere for reasons which I already explained as well.

Here is a gold star for rehashing the same thing again and again.
gnalish wrote:
MY point was to say that throughout history, you'd be hard pressed to find any god/dess with multiple spheres that had a whole lot to directly link them. Apollo, for example, was the god of the sun, herding and music. They have their relation, but are three totally seperate spheres unto themselves as well. Of course, this is Dulrik's game and his world, so there's nothing WRONG with having three spheres that basically all have the same meaning. It all just hinges on one thing in the end:

Here is your key issue that apparently you are failing to understand. Marfik isn't the god of Chaos, he IS Chaos. He is the essence of Chaos. He isn't Marfik, god of Chaos. He is Marfik, the Maelstrom. Ask the people who have gotten that "imm interaction" about the Maelstrom.
juggernaut wrote:
Anyway, the point is, that all faiths have their spheres well related, as long as their HFs know how to support these relations. It is only a matter of proper RP...

gnalish wrote:
And as for 'Virnoil Ironclaw': Congrats! You've learned how to bandwagon without making a coherant and/or worthwhile point.

There are plenty of people, I don't doubt, that think it's rather dumb to be asking for this and discussing it in depth, but then, I could say the same for people who discuss proper PK tactics all day, or what the best RP is made up of, etc. Everyone has their opinion. Thank you for voicing yours, regardless of the fact that it's been echoed many times over already. Fact is, this whole thread is probably just another example of what's been dubbed 'golden years syndrome', with many of the players who have been around for more than a few months reminiscing about religions that were a lot of fun but will never come back due to the static pantheon being implemented.

*aside - Speaking of which, whatever happened to that thread on the dead gods?

One last thing, you talk about reminiscing about religions that were a lot of fun but will never come back etc, etc. I was the last stufflord of Yigg, hell I even managed to out-exist Yopparai. I think I have a leg to stand on when talking about Yigg/Yopp/Marfik.

Yigg isn't/wasn't/will never be the same thing as Marfik, as they aren't even related in the slightest. The closest thing to a common bond between them are Yigg allowing Yopparai to ascend, and Yopparai using the power of Chaos to his own whim. That's it. There is no direct link between to two.

Did I like Yigg as a religion? Sure did. Did I like Yopp as a person/imm/follower of Yigg? Sure did. Did I like the way that since his faith was Yigg's with Chaos grafted on so it got populated with some of the biggest [REDACTED] to exist? I sure didn't.

Chaos belonged on a Xareth-like god. Since it is now a static pantheon and now that Chaos is slotted as a Grey aura then the current situation is as close as it's going to get and just like I like it. There is room for both lighties/darkies and greys as well, however there isn't and won't be room for gibbering insane people.

As I said before, to help others you have to first be able to help yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:30 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

Seems like we've gone there and back again in this thread, but given that Yopp and I spent many long hours talking about this very subject (and given that I know he'll never post here...wouldn't have even if he were still around), I'll post in his stead.

For those players who want a god of Drunkenness and Lunacy? Sorry. You're out of luck. There isn't one now and won't be again in the future. Yigg was truly one of a kind, and though Yopp ascended in his place, he never truly enjoyed what that religion was, with all of the idiocies (and the idiots that perpetrated them) it spawned.

If you want a light-hearted religion, one that serves a fairly light-hearted and capricious god? As Dulrik recommended, try Luck. Sadal might just be a good fit. Magic might work, as well; Mira's faith can also be seen somewhat on the happier-go-lucky side of things.

Ever since Chaos became a sphere, since Yopp took it on, he'd been trying to work it towards the darker side of what it meant. He knew, and those of us who saw him trying knew, that most of those in his religion at the time, would never switch away from the Yigg-mode, but towards the end, those he invested became the core of what eventually became the Marfik faith.

Chaos isn't lunacy and fun. Chaos is a mess. Chaos is upheaval and things turned upside down, when you don't know where your life is heading or even if you have a life anymore. THAT is what the Marfik faith is about, not the Stufflord faith of old. That just doesn't exist anymore. And if Chaos is about pranks at all, it's the sort that cause such upheaval for others and leave them looking around, wondering just what happened and where their next five minutes in life is going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:34 pm 
My last post wasn't a flame :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:26 am 
Mortal

Sadr - The Goddes of Disease

Insanity is a disease of the mind.
Tthere is your insanity god you knuckleheads.

Algorab - Fear

Paranoia, schizophrenia, dementia ect.
These can all drive one insane

There is your insanity god you knuckleheads.

Zynor the Lord of Destruction (Destruction, Malice, Slaughter)
sounds pretty insane to me.

There is your insanity god you knuckleheads.

Must I go on?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7