Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Why doesn't any of the gods cover 'insanity'?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:18 pm 
Mortal

This seems like a rather large field with a great potiental for rp. A large amount to go into with the realm of the mind and such. I think it would be awsome if one of the existing gods had a hand in it. Granted this is more to do with ic stuff. But I wonder what the likely hood that one of them might do just that? Sort of like an opposite to the god of wisom and such, that Z fella.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:37 pm 
Mortal

Falls under Chaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:51 pm 
Mortal

I think Insanity should be its own sphere separate from chaos...they are very alike..but the previous Gods of "Chaos" were really (in my opinion) Gods of pleasure, humor and entertainment. And yes, insanity. Now with Marfik, he has the spheres of Anarchy and Chaos, which are different from entertainment and pleasure. Although he is officially the new replacement for Yopp I suppose, these spheres of influence (which I agree with UnderSeven, make great rp and memorable characers ex: eliro) should have some type of representation. Perhaps not going as far as creating a new god of entertainment and pleasure, but maybe shifting those portfolios to an already present God. If these are already under the Marfik flag, then I guess there's really no need to do anything as long as certain people of the Marfikian church actually strive for pleasure and insanity and not just anarchy and chaos.

Just my two cents I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:01 pm 
Mortal

The way I thought of it was chaos was the closest thing to insanity we had, but I hardly consider it actually fitting. Insanity definatly comes up a lot in Marfik but along with ending oppression. It seems to say Marfik is the god of insanity adds a lot of baggage to insanity I don't feel quite belongs. I'd rather see one of the gods already more involved with the mind take up such a subject. But then it's not like we have much of a say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:06 pm 
Mortal

UnderSeven wrote:
I'd rather see one of the gods already more involved with the mind take up such a subject.

That would be interesting.

A sect of Zavijah's church dedicated to the wisdom of completely freeing your mind into insanity. Press booklets released by "free-thinking" Zavijans would be an interesting read to me at least. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:07 pm 
Mortal

You people really need to read a dictionary some day, Chaos is simple something that is no in order or balanced or work how it should. Insanity falls under this as it is not the norm but something out of order, mainly the persons mind. So yes, it does fit under chaos and to argue otherwise just shows lack of education.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:11 pm 
Mortal

Vermilion wrote:
lack of education.

My secret is out :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:16 pm 
Mortal

Since when was it bad for two gods to have near similar values? Presently if you look at the list you'll see lot of gods who have similar traits to one another. And insanity and chaos are not the same thing. If you look at synonoms for either you won't find the other in them. Insane people can be quite orderly about it, that they might be chaotic about it depends on the form of insanity, but more often than not there is some method to it.

In addition Marfik is very preachy about the freedom from the oppression of order. Like I was saying, baggage, that is a LOT to pin onto insanity, I dare say it would leave a lot of potiental insane states of mind out. Ever heard of obsessive compulsive? This is a very common form of insanity which is ANYHTING BUT CHAOTIC.

So before you go getting insulting on people Verm why don't you take a look at your arguement because frankly I think you're wrong in many cases (though I'll admit not all cases.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:42 pm 
Mortal

obsessive compulsive disorder is not insanity. It is a mental illness, but not a form of insanity.

Just like depression is a mental illness, but not a form of insanity.

so about that good ol' education eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:50 pm 
Mortal

Amaya wrote:
obsessive compulsive disorder is not insanity. It is a mental illness, but not a form of insanity.

Just like depression is a mental illness, but not a form of insanity.

so about that good ol' education eh?

Insanity is a mental illness, there's many forms of it. As for the education, it's where you left it, in school.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next