Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:55 pm 
Immortal

One Valiant Truth wrote:
Stop ruining our fun beotch. Everytime we say we want a god of Fun and Drunkenness you gotta [REDACTED] about Marfik. Hey maybe we do want Yigg back and not Yopparai. I know I do. I know alot of people do. Atleast I pay attention enough to see a difference. However, those that are looking for a special "dazzel" and special "funkiness" in their SK experience have been going to Mira's faith. Leaving Marfiks with stodgy people... I really havn't seen a truelly "chaotic" person in Marfiks faith for a long time. I mean someone prone to act randomly...never seen a drunk Marfikian myself... Hell, Vaodon never aided the Empire when we attacked Taslamar, he always defended it. Why do all the "chaotics" those that are all disorderly spend their time doing exactly what everyone else does?

Just when I think you've finally graduated from the short-bus I see you riding by slaming your head into the fogged up window.

Look. This is real simple. Marfik isn't Yopp. Yopp isn't Marfik. Marfik sure as hell isn't Yigg. If you claim to worship Yopp, Marfik will deal with you harshly and severely. Now then, as I've said before. I have no qualms ICly or OOCly about someone claiming to worship Yigg.

YIGG WASN'T A CHAOS GOD! PERIOD!

This coming from me as the person who was the last flagged follower of Yigg, I can tell you that his religion had nothing to do with bringing Chaos to the lands.

If you want a god of druken insanity, that's fine. That's not what the Chaos god is going to be.

Anyway, I need to get going so I might come back to this post and point out some of the really really stupid things you've said, but most likely not.

I will leave you with this though, not everything is everyone elses fault but your own. You need to calm down, as your posts can be alot better formed then that. You've got a bit too much rage built up over a absent god, and one that doesn't care if you exist, and both aren't even real :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:46 pm 
Mortal

Marfik wrote:
One Valiant Truth wrote:
Stop ruining our fun beotch. Everytime we say we want a god of Fun and Drunkenness you gotta [REDACTED] about Marfik. Hey maybe we do want Yigg back and not Yopparai. I know
*snip*
Why do all the "chaotics" those that are all disorderly spend their time doing exactly what everyone else does?

Just when I think you've finally graduated from the short-bus I see you riding by slaming your head into the fogged up window.

Look. This is real simple. Marfik isn't Yopp. Yopp isn't Marfik. Marfik sure as hell isn't Yigg. If you claim to worship Yopp, Marfik will deal with you harshly and severely. Now then, as I've said before. I have no qualms ICly or OOCly about someone claiming to worship Yigg.

YIGG WASN'T A CHAOS GOD! PERIOD!

*snip*

I will leave you with this though, not everything is everyone elses fault but your own. You need to calm down, as your posts can be alot better formed then that. You've got a bit too much rage built up over a absent god, and one that doesn't care if you exist, and both aren't even real :P

Like it's only a game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:04 pm 
Implementor

I think everyone who want a capricious but light-hearted god (which Yigg was) is looking in the wrong direction. That description would fit much more comfortably under the Sadal spheres instead of Marfik.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:09 pm 
Mortal

hehehe yah, i'm the one with rage. I think Sadal would be a great god for that. The god of pirates. Also, like I'd said in my post...Mira has really been the replacment. Since Yizashi was always close to the other Y's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:36 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
The Amazing Yigg, or just Yigg for short, is the god representing the
portfolios of Insanity, Entertainment, and Pleasure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:59 pm 
Mortal

Just because it seemed appropriate:

William S. Burroughs wrote:
Mariners sailing close to the shores of Tuscany heard a voice cry out from the hills, the trees and the sky: "The Great God Pan is dead!" ... [but] Consider an apocalyptic statement: "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." - - Hassan i Sabbah, the Old Man of the Mountain. Not to be interpreted as an invitation to all manner of restrained and destructive behavior. NO! that would be a minor episode, which would quickly run its course.

IMHO, anyone who thinks chaos qua chaos is just revelry, drunkeness, and debauchery has -- I would contend -- had the extremely good fortune to never have lived through a truly chaotic time in their lives. Having your life in turmoil, not having a firm place to put your feet or catch your breath, is miserable. Likewise, I'm not sure how insanity fit with entertainment and pleasure. Mental illness is not fun to watch if you have any inkling of compassion. I can't imagine it would be any better to experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:21 pm 
http://bunky.zerosignal.net.au/Pics/Forum%20Shite/buddychrist-sucks.jpg

Please don't visit this link if buddy christ, or the word "sucks" offends you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:44 am 
Mortal

shpadoinkle wrote:
Likewise, I'm not sure how insanity fit with entertainment and pleasure. Mental illness is not fun to watch if you have any inkling of compassion. I can't imagine it would be any better to experience.

That's exactly the point though. Pantheistic religions, most of the time, contain gods/goddesses with 'spheres' that are FAR apart. I'm sure I could list a great many examples from RL, but instead I'll just point you to our our game:

Quote:
Aludra, Mistress of Love
Love, Devotion, Compassion
Alshain the White Flame
Courage, Rebirth, Purification
Dulrik the Blade of Truth
Truth, Honor, Discipline
Meissa, the Shining One
Healing, Art

Zavijah, the God of Wisdom
Wisdom, Discovery, Liberty

Achernar, the End of the River
Death, Time, Change

Ain, the Eye
Justice, Order, Logic
Marfik, the Maelstrom
Chaos, Mayhem, Anarchy
Mira, Providence of Magic
Magic, Mystery

Nashira, Goddess of Nature
Creation, Growth, Decay
Sadal, Tempest of Destiny
Luck, Fate, Storms

Yed, Elemental Concsiousness
Elements

Algorab, God of Fear
Fear, Tyranny, Vengeance

Sargas the Smiter
War, Power

Sadr, Goddess of Disease
Disease, Pain, Suffering
Thuban, Quintessence of Untruth
Deceit, Intrigue, Betrayal

Zynor the Lord of Destruction
Destruction, Malice, Slaughter

The ones I bolded fit the best for my point IMHO. Ironically, it's all of the EVIL gods that fit the premise the best - things that CAN relate to one another, but don't necessarily HAVE to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:08 pm 
Mortal

Wow gnalish I got to hand it to you. You made a stupid thread even more stupid. *golf clap* :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:15 am 
Mortal

Um.. you dont see these as being related??

Quote:
Aludra, Mistress of Love
Love, Devotion, Compassion
---- I would call those three very related spheres and Im not even going to try and explain it

Dulrik the Blade of Truth
Truth, Honor, Discipline
---- Probably be better if he was the god of Honor instead of truth, being that ones Honor will bind the other two spheres much better then Truth does but still very related.

Marfik, the Maelstrom
Chaos, Mayhem, Anarchy
---- I think the similarities here are very related, altho Anarchy doesnt have to be chaos... it usually ends up being chaos untill something else takes over.

Nashira, Goddess of Nature
Creation, Growth, Decay
---- Things are born, grow, and die... that would be nature.

Yed, Elemental Concsiousness
Elements
---- His spheres have to match.. hes only got 1!

I deleted out the ones that you already think are related, im actually impressed meissa made the list becuase untill I was looking into joining the faith I didnt see the connection.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next