Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Nerinan plate missing? Overeager thieves?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:10 am 
Mortal

I logged on today and found out all my character's tanso steel armor pieces were gone. Well, I only figured it out after I was getting seriously mauled by minor NPCs, and typing eq showed absolutely nothing left from a full set of Nerinan armor. I got no message on logging in.

Bug? Was the set removed? He had never lost more than a piece to thieves each time, and he's not that low level anymore either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:14 am 
Mortal

Did the mud reboot and you did not have the .5 seconds required to hoard your phat lewt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:16 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

If you had not played much at all during the past month, then the code automatically removed high level pieces of equipment...the "castration" of storage characters spoken of in the MOTD as you log in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:20 am 
Mortal

Speaking of which. When I first got hit with this, I was like WTF. After speaking to a friendly IMM, I was told the problem. Perhaps we can add a little echo to the person that logged in saying something like "Do to the Lack of sufficient hours in the Realms, you equipment has been stolen."... or something like that.

sleeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:37 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

*points to the MOTD*

You see that flash across your screen every single time you log into the game. It can't be avoided. There is no way around it.

You also know if you play your character much or not. If it's "not"...then know that eq is likely to go missing after the montly update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:39 am 
Algorab wrote:
If you had not played much at all during the past month, then the code automatically removed high level pieces of equipment...the "castration" of storage characters spoken of in the MOTD as you log in.

Is that what that meant? I always that it meant if you were caught storing eq on a character so no one else could have it and you never used the character, you were just keeping stuff on it to get it out of the game, the character was made gender neutral as punishment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:49 am 
Implementor

Have no idea where you got that idea. This is the same system we've used for the last four years or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:46 pm 
Mortal

I understood Rad to mean that he thought the theiving was disproportionate to his level and the level of equipment. In other words, the theives were "overeager." He cites that he was reasonably high level, and yet he lost every single piece of cheap tanso steel armor.

Algorab wrote:

Are the tanso steel armors sold in Nerina considered high level pieces?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:15 pm 
Mortal

There is another problem with the tanso armor from nerina as well. After you die it tends to rot away half the time. Some pieces rot some do not, then there are other times nothing rots at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:10 am 
Mortal

I dunno guys. IMMs, the level of my char was 29 at the time, so yes some of these pieces get stolen from time to time. I had been logging on periodically for a week -before- the day this happened. The set of armor was bought at that week's beginning, so I also doubt it could have been a delayed castration effect.

fridgeraider, your explanation suits my case extremely well, if only it had happened after my dying (soon after the time I noticed the armor was missing).

Well anyway, I'll try documenting it if it happens again.

PS: Cyra, shup and bring me the REAL phat lewt.