o===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===o
o 1 sleep a waste-slime moderate o
oOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOo

[HP:100%] [ME: 23%] [PE:100%]
>
You are hungry.

[HP:100%] [ME: 1%] [PE:100%]
>
A waste-slime wakes up, and clambers to its feet.

The spell drained me of 22% ME with the coming tick. Seem a little high, since it was the only spell of mine in effect at the time. Its a apprentice rank spell. Mind fixing this please? Maintaining it has taken upto 9x greater, than the cost of casting it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:54 am 
Mortal

Sleep is fine, concentration and mana drain wise IMO. We do not want a simple sorc to put to sleep 10 PCs and keep them like that for hours while he rests in an inn, which is annoying for the player OOCly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:00 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amberdin, Ashiya, Zinnya
First of all, you were hungry. And second, how much mana do you actually have? Were you under any concentration-sapping affect at the time? All these should be considered before claiming sleep drain for upkeep is buggy.

I'm not aware of changes to sleep lately, but when I played a sorc, not too long ago, the mana drain to upkeep sleep for a decent pool of mana wasn't nearly as high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:24 am 
Mortal

Mystra wrote:
First of all, you were hungry. And second, how much mana do you actually have? Were you under any concentration-sapping affect at the time? All these should be considered before claiming sleep drain for upkeep is buggy.

I'm not aware of changes to sleep lately, but when I played a sorc, not too long ago, the mana drain to upkeep sleep for a decent pool of mana wasn't nearly as high.

I noticed that too
:/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:10 am 
I do believe the mana cost for sleep has been increased significantly in the last few months. And a sorc will have a hard time to have the concentration to hold more then three npc or pcs and rest. However, the high mana cost is exceptable for the power of the spell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:58 am 
Mortal

As long as I have had the sleep spell on my char... I have had absolutely no problems. We would need more info to actually figure out if this was a bug or not. (IE lvl... how long u were hungry... eq... etc)

sleeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:37 pm 
Immortal

Sleep is indeed a low level spell, and probably does have a higher mana upkeep cost than most spells at the same level.

However, given the extreme power of the spell, the upkeep of it isn't the least bit out of line.

If gideon's character is apprentice level or similarly low level, and was hungry (which can significantly reduce your HP/ME/PE regeneration speed), then this is not a bug.

If gideon's character were a GM gnome with maxed wisdom and meditation & trance both perfected, then that would be another matter altogether.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:08 pm 

My sorc is a gnome, max wisdom (Omni). Trance (Very good), Meditation (Superb) Its mentor rank, has alot of + ME gear.

The sleep spell has at one point in time, taken 44% of my max total ME. For the single upkeep of it come the tick. I was not hungry, or thirsty at the time such came to be. As for other spells that drain my ME. You saw the release section of what spells i had in effect, to actually release for the draining of my ME. Sleep being the only one.

My problem with it being viewed as a bug, is this. The spells maintenance cost is a great deal higher per regeneration tick, than the initial cost of casting the spell. I can understand the problem with keeping more than one target under its influence, you can however increase the "Difficulty" of the spell, and maybe even alter it so that two are not possible. Its only a Initiate ranked spell.

As for being hungry, that was the first tick it struck. I had just become hungry with my gnome.