Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: multiple command aliases
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:34 pm 
Mortal

According to the help file, I should be able to use multiple commands in a single alias simply seperated by the ";" but yet when I set it up, it only records the first one. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in the game?

Post subject: Re: multiple command aliases
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:37 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
It's probably that your client also takes the ';' as a multiple command character. You'll have to disable that in order to set up aliases in game that use command stacking.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:43 pm 
Mortal

I use MudLet 2.1 Any ideas on how I can do that? OR get my client to actually work with local aliases? I really want to set up some multi-line ones and I just can't get it to work :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:03 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
Try mush client you can separate aliases by lines instead of ; and it supports multiple command aliases

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:11 pm 
Mortal

I'll do that after tonight's session then. Thanks for the tip :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:15 pm 
Mortal

Try this:

\alias test blink;blink;blink
wink

If you don't blink, try the test alias. It might work. The \ is a common option for this kind of thing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:52 pm 
Mortal

derp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:03 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
If you pull up the "settings" section in Mudlet after you connect, and then go to the "Input Line" tab, there's a field that says "command separator." It's set to semicolon by default, but if you change it to something else (DO NOT CLEAR IT OR EVERY SINGLE LETTER YOU INPUT WILL BE A SEPARATE COMMAND) then you'll be able to set an in-game alias with a stacked command. After you create the alias in-game you can set the command separator back to default if you want.

However, you're limited to just 20 aliases in-game. You'll definitely have a better time of things if you use the client's aliasing system, by clicking on the "aliases" button, and then giving a name, pattern and replacement for your aliases (You can use semi-colons in these too for command stacking). The name for an alias is inconsequential, the pattern for an alias is what you use to set off the alias, and the replacement is what you will actually input to the mud when you enter your pattern.

HOWEVER I just realized that you're going to use MUSHClient, which is a much better idea as it's an infinitely better client and has a lot of added flexibility. I'll shut up now!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:17 pm 
Mortal

grep wrote:
Try this:

\alias test blink;blink;blink
wink

If you don't blink, try the test alias. It might work. The \ is a common option for this kind of thing.

Didn't really work, but thanks for the suggestion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:21 pm 
Mortal

Edoras wrote:
If you pull up the "settings" section in Mudlet after you connect, and then go to the "Input Line" tab, there's a field that says "command separator." It's set to semicolon by default, but if you change it to something else (DO NOT CLEAR IT OR EVERY SINGLE LETTER YOU INPUT WILL BE A SEPARATE COMMAND) then you'll be able to set an in-game alias with a stacked command. After you create the alias in-game you can set the command separator back to default if you want.

However, you're limited to just 20 aliases in-game. You'll definitely have a better time of things if you use the client's aliasing system, by clicking on the "aliases" button, and then giving a name, pattern and replacement for your aliases (You can use semi-colons in these too for command stacking). The name for an alias is inconsequential, the pattern for an alias is what you use to set off the alias, and the replacement is what you will actually input to the mud when you enter your pattern.

Now THAT worked! I still plan to change to Mush Client but I appreciate your help in understanding how to change this :)