Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Glitched sacred items
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:46 pm 
Mortal

Hi.

There are a number of items in the game which have 'Sacred' in their descriptions and look like they belong to XYZ religion, but can really be used by anyone.

Is it bug abuse for anyone to use these?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Glitched sacred items
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:46 am 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
There are a number of items that were flagged (sacred) well before there were actual sacred suits. They likely do not -actually- belong to a specific religion, as religious sacred items are scripted to crumble when they are not currently being worn by a member of the faith.

If you have a question about a SPECIFIC item, please forward it to the religion patron or the KD of the area in which the item is found. Either can verify if it is actually part of the sacred suit, but the latter is the only one who can remove a sacred flag and/or fix a script on the item.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:47 pm 
Mortal

I always assumed if an item says (SACRED) that it is sacred. Guess I'm just assuming things.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:13 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Meissa and I did identify a weakness in the scripting after Lumiere's bringing it to our attention. We're addressing this weakness throughout the sacred gear.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:18 pm 
Mortal

Did you happen to address this weakness by making ALL sacred crumble when being worn by anyone? Because that is what's happening. D: Luckily not stuff that's already being worn, but any newly worn sacred item or anything you accidentally remove will crumble shortly.

PLEASE HELP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:17 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
altraya_anthra wrote:
Did you happen to address this weakness by making ALL sacred crumble when being worn by anyone? Because that is what's happening. D: Luckily not stuff that's already being worn, but any newly worn sacred item or anything you accidentally remove will crumble shortly.

PLEASE HELP

Strengthening signal. I was wearing my sacred armor and it still crumbled after I put it on after I was resurrected.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:28 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Pook wrote:
altraya_anthra wrote:

PLEASE HELP

Strengthening signal. I was wearing my sacred armor and it still crumbled after I put it on after I was resurrected.

Our "fix" did indeed cause a greater problem. I'm very sorry to everybody who is affected by this.
Meissa is diligently working on a fix today and they'll all be finalized/saved by tonight.

Before anybody asks, I will *NOT* be able to retrieve anybody's gear that is accidentally crumbled before the fix goes in.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:41 am 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
I've patched the suits that were formerly affected and am now moving to equalize the scripts to account for the previous weakness without causing things to crumble. You should be all set to gather the items at your leisure, but if there is a reboot between now and when Dabi gets off work, I may have to go back in and repatch.... (CROSS YOUR FINGERS!)