Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Stolen items that weren't stolen?
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:36 am 
Mortal

Three times now that I have logged in, I've received that message about being set upon by thieves while I was logged out. Yet when I look at my inventory and myself, there is NOTHING missing at all. Only 1 out of 4 times did anything ever go missing. Obviously I feel myself very lucky for this as a player BUT as a fellow game programmer, I feel obligated in duty to make sure that the programmers of this wonderful game world know about this occurrence.

Post subject: Re: Stolen items that weren't stolen?
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:50 pm 
Mortal

I have had this happen before. A few times if I didn't level much or at all I would log in the next time without the message and be missing things. I sort of considered it an ominous threat from the gods that we better level faster :p

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:03 am 
Mortal

It's happened another 2 times since I posted this email then stopped happening since then so far.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:04 am 
Implementor

It seems likely you lost something that was not very important to you and that you forgot you had.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:34 am 
Mortal

Dulrik wrote:
It seems likely you lost something that was not very important to you and that you forgot you had.

I was pretty sure that it was a particular item that the salesman even warned me about when I bought it probably being stolen but every time the message said that, I still had the item in my inventory. I believe the message has stopped as the character has progressed far enough to no longer deem that item as being too advanced because I even took a screen shot before logging out on the last time so as to compare. There was NOTHING missing even with the message coming up. I figured it may be the program script attached to that item was meant to strip it of the character but for some reason failed to actually take it away. Dulrik, this is the last I'll post of the incidents as I don't want to make a big deal, just trying to help. If you want to know more intricate details of which item I'm referring to, etc, feel free to pm me.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:47 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
If you're picking up items as you travel around or fight NPCs, it's possible that the items are getting stolen without you realizing it. Anything in your inventory is viable to be stolen by level or hoarding thieves, including items in containers, so maybe you picked up an item or two while training.

Who knows, maybe someone planted a high-level invisible item on you just to mess with your head.

(probably not)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:47 pm 
Mortal

MageMaker wrote:
There was NOTHING missing even with the message coming up.

Nothing that you realized.

A common cause of the "thief" message while leveling can be caused by picking up steaks that barbarians and scouts butcher in areas like the Bakemono Caverns, Blasted Chancel, and Valley of Ashes. It's food, right? Right. But those steaks can also be stolen, if they're higher level than your character.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:53 pm 
Mortal

That's interesting that a steak could be higher level than my character, LOL. Honestly, that's one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. Oh well, if you guys are certain than I'll leave it be... Thanks for all the input though.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:35 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
KPI wrote:
MageMaker wrote:
There was NOTHING missing even with the message coming up.

Nothing that you realized.

A common cause of the "thief" message while leveling can be caused by picking up steaks that barbarians and scouts butcher in areas like the Bakemono Caverns, Blasted Chancel, and Valley of Ashes. It's food, right? Right. But those steaks can also be stolen, if they're higher level than your character.

That's what I was going to suggest. I've encountered this issue with characters I've played in the past and narrowed it down to things like steaks and body parts that I wouldn't normally pay much attention to.