SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Bump.
Dulrik?

Post subject: Re: Dulrik- Please Rework “Redeem Order” ASAP
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:23 pm 
Mortal

Bump?
Would reeeaalllyy appreciate the first in last out for LT’s... I can’t redeem anything on my alt because Kyln will have no LT’s left...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm 
Immortal

I can confirm Dulrik is aware of the suggestion, just to save you the bump.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:35 pm 
Mortal

Lol thanks for the bump.
I’m curious of how active he is on the update.
I understand he’s busy. So I’ll try not to gripe too hard.
But are we looking at June 2019? Or should we expect -something- relatively soon?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:15 pm 
Mortal

LT’s are supposed to encourage longer-lives characters.
But Kyln only has 8LT’s left because I had to redeem resurrect on my alts. My alts have 65 LT’s to spend, but I’m still digging out of Kyln’s pool.
It feels like I should retire him to get a fresh pool of LT’s.

Oh... bump...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:02 am 
Implementor

As Algorab said in a previous post, it really comes down to how we want to revamp the system. I would rather not put effort into tweaking a system that is already overloaded beyond it's original purpose. Unfortunately, with the way the tokens are constructed and tracked, changing how tokens are redeemed is actually more work than it appears. :(

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:23 am 
Mortal

I understand that it would suck to do it twice.
How many hours would it take to code it so we can use all our LT’s across all characters? At least up to the point where the new system is implemented?
It would be amazing if we could have a workaround in place to keep the peace for the time being.
I know it goes against the original purpose. But it is something that we need. Redeem resurrect and redeem retrieval are essential for exploration. And once you run out, all you can really do is be a fountain RP’r, if you’re not traveling with a life-giver.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:23 am 
Mortal

Trosis wrote:
How many hours would it take to code it so we can use all our LT’s across all characters? At least up to the point where the new system is implemented?
It would be amazing if we could have a workaround in place to keep the peace for the time being.
I know it goes against the original purpose. But it is something that we need. Redeem resurrect and redeem retrieval are essential for exploration. And once you run out, all you can really do is be a fountain RP’r, if you’re not traveling with a life-giver.

As a software engineer, I agree with Dulrik that this is probably not the best choice of allocating resources to SK. Its nice and dandy from a player's perspective, but from a development perspective, not worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:41 am 
Mortal

BAI7l7 wrote:
Trosis wrote:

As a software engineer, I agree with Dulrik that this is probably not the best choice of allocating resources to SK. Its nice and dandy from a player's perspective, but from a development perspective, not worth it.

It depends on exactly how difficult it would be. If making all LT’s available is a quick fix, I think it would be a nice quick update for “quality of life” as Dulrik put it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:38 pm 
Mortal

Trosis wrote:
BAI7l7 wrote:
Trosis wrote:

It depends on exactly how difficult it would be. If making all LT’s available is a quick fix, I think it would be a nice quick update for “quality of life” as Dulrik put it.

Dulrik already said it was difficult. He pretty much said no, but he said it in a very nice way. You need to know when to take no as an answer and trying to wiggle your way through it makes it worst and borderline annoying.

I'm pretty sure there is only one coder for SK and hes busy with other things, which is why I said devoting time to this is not a smart choice of allocating limited programming resources.