Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bug Looted
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:40 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
I log in on menab after a week or so. And I have a witness that will agree I logged with a full suit of decently equipped dragonscale and the spiral wires. After sk crashed a couple days ago I had not logged back in. so I log in today and all I have is my cloak. Im more than certain I didn't violate the terms of the monthly reboot considering its not due for another 5 days. Hope this is addressed cause damn

Post subject: Re: Bug Looted
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:02 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
I was worried about the crashes causing loot loss.
[self-edited, pending official response]
Fingers crossed for ya bud.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:19 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

Oh its already done and over with. Dulrik already handed down his judgement on the matter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:38 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Yeah. My self edited portion basically said “policy is policy.” And mentioned not to get your hopes up, but I had my fingers crossed for you.
Good luck with the reequip.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:24 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Curious if this is being fixed/looked at. We can't keep losing players to grief bugs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:32 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

Or the lack of imm support to assist players that didnt do anything wrong. I know Algorab mentioned all they could do was create symbol. But simply saying game broke tough [redacted] isn't fun either.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:35 am 
Immortal

I'll make the hell out of some symbols, but that is correct. That's about the only piece of equipment I can restore to anyone, and pretty much the only piece of equipment we will ever restore as policy.

I agree, I don't want any bugs causing people to lose gear, so I always urge people to contact Dulrik in case it's actually a bug that their information can help resolve, and so they can make their case, but I also am pretty clear about the policy so they don't get their hopes up.

I would add though, it's also important to remember more than a few times this has been declared it hasn't been a bug at all. I'd say that makes it even more important to report if you think you've been affected, but I would urge people to report the issue as soon as possible to find out if something like this happens.

I personally support the policy because I think it prevents the almost immediate accusations of favoritism that would arise when a player thinks something is a bug that isn't and doesn't get a restore, and the inevitable problems when someone else has already collected the limited gear they previously possessed, nor the matter that it doesn't address the time put into enchanting the actual items either.

Just because I understand why we have the policy, doesn't mean I enjoy a single time I have to let someone know about it though, and I'm positive that goes for Dulrik as well when he receives an e-mail.