Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Room effect dispels
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:43 pm 
The code used to dispel room effects needs to be changed very, very urgently. With a level 47 sorcerer I spent one entire pool of mana attempting to dispel one room of warped space. The worst part was that that room didn't end up getting dispelled, and I had to depart the area or risk an ambush.

I suggest removing saves from a room effect spell. They shouldn't be difficult, let alone impossible to dispel. The fact that anyone in a group with the harlequins can wander through warped space as happy as they please makes the harlequins the best attacking and defending PK group possible, simply because you cannot adequately defend against them or bring an attack to bear upon them.

Last edited by Guest on Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:47 pm 
Mortal

Yes it needs to be looked at an fixed. My champ lvl sorc wasted a whole tank of mana (going from 99% to 1%) just to dispel a rift casted by a expert lvl char. And this was with only 2 fails on the spell check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:55 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
I agree. My GM helf sorc blew a whole mana pool on warped space and on average gets two rooms. I remember when it first came out, it was ridiculously easy to dispel (it was like 60% sucess rate) but I suppose it has been changed since then. Make it 1/4 for equal levels, maybe? Considering that you can lay down quite a few rooms this way, it gets sort of silly... I had the impression that they were there to briefly change the terrain to the cabal's advantage, not to become near permanent fixtures until the timer runs out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:06 pm 
When you are dispelling room effect spells, you are dispelling the person who has casted them. So if a well enchanted guy does something to a room and you try to dispel it, you are going to be fighting his willpower and magical resist mods. Therefore it will take some effort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:07 pm 
Sure, where 'takes some effort' equals 'impossible'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:15 pm 
Impossible is impossible, an entire mana pool is hardly a form impossiblity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:18 pm 
60% chance of dispel for a grand master mage on a room effect is realistic. Put it there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:05 pm 
Mortal

I dont think this should be changed, these room affect spells should be hard to get rid of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:10 am 
I'd be interested to know whether or not you currently play a character who has room affects available to them, Kuroki. An entire mana pool from a champion mage failing to dispel one room of warped space is a joke.

Edit: As an aside, throughout the years the immstaff has said that lower-level characters should have a place in cabals and tribunals. How can this be said on the one hand, while the other hand makes it impossible for anything but the very highest level characters to make themselves useful?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:44 am 
Dispelling a room affect is the same as casting dispel magic on the person who put the room affect in place. I don't see why this would be changed. It's your magic against the magic of the caster, not the affect itself. Some people like priests and sorcerors are going to be hard to dispel, others won't be.

On a side note, I don't view this as a bug in any way. the area affect spell is working the way it is intended too and this thread should be either removed or put into game play. This is not a bug.

As a further side note, I was wondering how long it would be before people started trying to ruin the Harles spell set. I've been a member less then two months and already it's starting. It's crap like this that is why charge is such garbage, eventually people like you will ruin everything in the game, which is probably your plan, then you will quit and play warcraft of somthing. What's next? Dispel the mounts that are called by a certain cabal? Why not that too, after all you can dispel elemetals back to their home plane? While we're at it why don't we make infravision work in the dark called up by another cabal. We'll wimp it all until it's useless.

Edit: You should consider yourself lucky that these room affects are dispellable at all that is a very recent change, but ofcourse that change wasn't enough, now they have to get even easier to dispel. It's like a vicious circle that won't end until everything is wrecked.