Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:34 am 
Mortal

Triggers are perfectly legal aslong as you don't get caught.

The people more versed with scripts and programming know exactly how to get their triggers to function without anyone being the wiser. Just need more defined parameters with activation and kill switches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:49 am 
Mortal

Sending out level curses or whatever for harmless triggers such as skin and butcher is asinine. I'd do this for things such as eating and drinking too, once the message is caught that I am thirsty or hungry I'd pull something out of my bag and use it to shut those annoying messages up and regain my regen, without the need for a lot of repetitive typing.

Typing out things like drink waterskin, or eat steak bistro, skin corpse don't make players any better at the game.

The only thing that Syn has done wrong is get in the imm's face which has made her a target. Let's get practical and reasonable though. Syn does not have the skill or expertise that certain players of the playerbase do with computers and programming to fully automate a character like Ruud or Sithara have. Even then, computers are incapable of thinking for themselves and can be easily overcome. In fact, I can't even think of a single way that a computer controlled character is superior to a human controlled character.

It just seems at the end of this as I think it just puts the immstaff in the unenviable position of explaining why it's necessary for the players to type out every nitpicky little thing.

Also, be advised that I am hopelessly awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:52 am 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
ninja_ardith wrote:
Also, be advised that I am hopelessly awesome.

Awesomely hopeless, maybe. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:52 am 
Mortal

Jealousy rears its head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:53 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
I agree that this punishment for Syn was not needed, unless her triggers kept her from voiding out. Hence why I think a generic trigger help file should exist making them all illegal and reducing the need of interpreting their punishment. Then there is every justification of punishing a player. As far as I can see it now, there is no official news post or helpfile making them illegal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:33 am 
Mortal Contributor

Tragonis is right. If this was a way to avoid voiding out then she has done wrong, but I have to confess that I don't think I've ever, I mean ever had a scout that didn't bot butcher or skin until it mastered. I had no idea it was even wrong.

I was atk I was playing and I just let the trigger do the work. I actually would really like to know what syn did exactly because I can't see any reason why I wouldn't do the very same again. I've never not triggered butcher and skin on scouts.

I'm concerned because If I make another scout a few months from now and I forget this happened I might get cursed for doing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:25 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Cyndane - Talys
ninja_ardith wrote:
Syn does not have the skill or expertise that certain players of the playerbase do with computers and programming to fully automate a character like Ruud or Sithara have.

I still want a trigger to highlight bashes/trips/etc. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:19 am 
Mortal

Obviously this punishment highlights, among other potential things, a clear zero tolerance policy.

Feldon over there is right; black magic is taboo only if you're caught. There are sneaky ways to disguise your black magic, but I'm not going to give anyone any tips. He already has done more than I consider wholesome by hinting at a few.

Ardith is right, the zero tolerance policy brings up an annoying fact and a weird situation.

Your character's actions need to be prompted by at least one keystroke. That is the rule.

I'll just paste a couple lines of my logs so that you can understand how to live with this policy without having to whine like a baby:

Quote:
You are hungry. Press F9 to fix this.
You are thirsty. Press F9 to fix this.

Quote:
Your earth sense fades. Press F10 to fix this.
You no longer see in the dark. Press F10 to fix this.
You no longer see invisible objects. Press F10 to fix this.
You feel less aware of your surroundings. Press F10 to fix this.

Quote:
You can't see a thing! Press F3 to scan affects!

tl;dr: use gray magic

PS: Syn, that is sometimes handled with things called substitutions, but you can do that with a trigger by telling your client to echo something when the mud tells it something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:24 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Cyndane - Talys
Oh god, sorry, but those "Press F9 to fix this" lines made me laugh.

Good one grep. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:26 am 
Mortal

Grep's are certainly better than mine.

Quote:
You trip _____ and __ goes down! Press alt+F4 to fix this.

I'm terrible at PK!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next