Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:13 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: ArchaicSmurf
Makes you a better typist. Spell correctly, or die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:50 am 
Mortal

i use MUSHclient. I would prefer Zmud, but i don't want to pay for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:15 pm 
Mortal

I used Telnet with dial-up when I first got started. Then zMud for a while, now I use SimpleMU, it does everything I need.
Win7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:56 pm 
Mortal

I use GMUD. It's free so I like it. I don't see why I'd have to pay for a client to play a free game. Forget that. Gmud is good enough for me.

-Turd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:43 pm 
Mortal

Holy bananas! Other people use Gmud? WOW! I thought I was completely alone on this (almost am though, lol). I have been using Gmud since day ONE and have never changed, wavered or attempted anything else (unless I was not at my own computer and had to resort to telnet. I wanted to shoot myself in the face!). I would use a linux client if I knew how to work linux on any level at all. I have tried and I think it is just not the right time for me, or I just lack that part of my brain to use linux. I was born and raised a Windows person unfortunately.

I LOVE Gmud. It's stable, reliable, free and easy to use and understand. If I wanted to, I could use triggers, but I don't. I have an unlimited capacity for aliases as well. The only thing I heard Zmud has that Gmud doesn't is mapping. That would be nice if I didn't already know the game like the back of my hand while traveling the realms as it is (I could easily travel from Sith'a'niel to the Laskerian Gardens, or from The Heart and Rose Inn to inside the Torum Arcana blindfolded, lol. WAY too much time on my hands and too many years playing). I doubt I am alone in this, though 8).

It is good to hear others use Gmud. I like it a lot. However, if anyone has any suggestion where I won't feel like I'm biting off more than I can chew, I'm all ears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:10 am 
Mortal

Tr33hugg3r wrote:
I would use a linux client if I knew how to work linux on any level at all. I have tried and I think it is just not the right time for me, or I just lack that part of my brain to use linux. I was born and raised a Windows person unfortunately.

Find your shell client on linux and type in telnet mud.vividnet.com 1996. Which linux do you have? I also have to open a second shell so I can continuously ping shatteredkingdoms.org to get rid of lag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:12 pm 

I was wondering if anybody can give me a quick bit of advice. I used to play this game years back and thought I'd give it another try as I'm getting quite bored with PS3 gaming. I used to use SimpleMu, but thought I'd switch to MushClient as I seem to have trouble connecting with the former.

I decided to pick a sorcerer and so really need to get some aliases going, trouble is it works in a different way to SimpleMu... or else I completely forgot. For instance I have /mm set as: Cast 'Magic Missile' - but can't seem to get the command just to appear on the command line... it just gets sent straight to the game now.

It's making things pretty complicated - any advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:13 pm 
Mortal

Serewing wrote:
I was wondering if anybody can give me a quick bit of advice. I used to play this game years back and thought I'd give it another try as I'm getting quite bored with PS3 gaming. I used to use SimpleMu, but thought I'd switch to MushClient as I seem to have trouble connecting with the former.

I decided to pick a sorcerer and so really need to get some aliases going, trouble is it works in a different way to SimpleMu... or else I completely forgot. For instance I have /mm set as: Cast 'Magic Missile' - but can't seem to get the command just to appear on the command line... it just gets sent straight to the game now.

It's making things pretty complicated - any advice?

Personally, I would use Gmud. It's free, easy to use, and the alias system in it is WONDERFUL. I can put almost anything I want. You can have a HUGE amount of aliases. I don't even know if there is a limit to how many you can have. I've made a LOT of them and it's never stopped adding to my list, LOL.

When I rolled my sorcerer using Gmud last, I didn't even need a "/" before the command. All I would type is: mm <target> or just: mm and it would come out as cast 'magic missile'.

It worked for everything. cs was colorspray, ab was acid blast, fly was fly. I mean, it just made it boneheadly simple and so much easier to let off spells within a blink of an eye. Not to mention the macro set it also awesome. You can even set it up so each character has it's own alias and macro sets (that one took me a LONG time to realize it was there, lol!), so you can have individual aliases and macros, depending on what character you're playing as (i.e. one set for your sorcerer, one for your barbarian and one for your rogue). There's a command stacking feature which you can set as any keyboard stroke you want, not to mention one of the most handy features ever, and that the ability to press the up button on your keyboard's directional arrows and it will cycle through a LOT of the most recent commands you've put in. IN ORDER! Makes spamming easier (IF need be) and having to retype long commands over and over (like telnet makes you do. I don't see how people can do it) is unnecessary.

Last edited by Tr33hugg3r on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:24 pm 
Mortal

B00ts wrote:
Tr33hugg3r wrote:
I would use a linux client if I knew how to work linux on any level at all. I have tried and I think it is just not the right time for me, or I just lack that part of my brain to use linux. I was born and raised a Windows person unfortunately.

Find your shell client on linux and type in telnet mud.vividnet.com 1996. Which linux do you have? I also have to open a second shell so I can continuously ping shatteredkingdoms.org to get rid of lag.

Actually, I personally don't run Linux. However, my father is a PURELY Linux based person. He uses Ubuntu (I have no idea what version, though). I like the idea of Xwindows (or whatever it's called), but having to deal with tar balls and shells and all that kind of stuff.....it becomes very confusing and frustrating. Keep in mind that I started back in the day on Windows 3.1 (Not even 3.11 yet, at the time), then went to 3.11, then to 98 I believe (unless there was a Windows between those. If so, I probably used it.), then 98SE, which was my true love for a long time. I knew that operating system like the back of my hand. Ever since then, I dabbled a tiny bit in each one. 2000 was not very good, ME can go to hell, XP made me frustrated and Vista (SO far) has yet to really anger me. We'll see about Windows 7 when I get there. Not quite ready yet, though.

All I know is .exe files and .zip files and purely Windows interfaces. I imagine that if I really tried to sit down and LEARN Linux's language, I could. I just don't know if it is that worth it to me. I recognize the wonderful benefits of Linux. I was very proud to hear the day that Apple incorporated a Linux shell into OSX. That's badass!

I actually sat down one day on my father's computer, back when I didn't have my laptop, and tried to find, install and properly use a Linux based mud client. I became so frustrated and exasperated that I finally gave up. When my father finally helped me and got one working, it just wasn't the same. I have become far too use to my Windows based Gmud client over th past several years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:27 pm 
Mortal

xterm -fg grey88 -bg black

wait

nc mud.shatteredkingdoms.org 1996

you're in.

urban dictionary explains it best:

Quote:
Ubuntu is an ancient african word, meaning "I can't configure Debian"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next