Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: (MushClient) miniChat - Rodwen
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:12 am 
Mortal

I ported Rennus_Dragonbane's Chat Catcher for ZMud over to MushClient.

http://www.2shared.com/file/41aCWQhS/miniChat.html

If anything doesn't seem right, let me know.

WindowCreate (win, 0, 0, 800, 800, 7, 0, ColourNameToRGB("black"))

Here, "800, 800" is the width and height of the miniwindow. I tried to derive it from the current window size, but it didn't work right off the bat and it's lunch time. I'll continue to work on it, but for now, you will need to change the values to something that fits your screen, or who knows, maybe it already fits.

Also with the above line, you can change the background color of this miniwindow. I chose black for myself, but "gray" looks ok too.

WindowFont (win, "f", "Times New Roman", 12, true, false, false, false)

Here, "12" is the font size. choose what you wish.

yPos = yPos + 15

Changing the font size will likely cause this to need to be changed. Quick example: If font size is 15 and you have the line just above, adding only 15, then subsequent messages will be stacked right on top of each other with absolutely no space in between them.

WindowText (win, "f", messages[i],
5, yPos, 0, 0, ColourNameToRGB ("white"),
false)

The color here is the font colour. Change it if you want.

When you have read all of your messages, or you just want to clear it, type "clear" as a command. The clear alias I added will clear the window and all messages, so be sure to read them all before typing "clear".

I think that's it...Enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:29 am 
Mortal

Hah, forgot to mention. You'll need to go to Game -> Configure -> Scripting. Here, you need to choose the Lua scripting language. Enable scripting checkeck, browse to where you save the file. You can edit the script here to change the values in the previous post as you see fit. Then, click ok and it should work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:11 pm 
Mortal

Lol wow...I just realized how odd hidden the download for the actual file is on that site...down at the bottom, there is a "Save the file to your PC: click here link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:24 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Cyndane - Talys
Whooo. This is actually pretty helpful. Yay, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:14 pm 
Mortal

WindowCreate (win, 0, 0, 800, 800, 7, 0, ColourNameToRGB("black"))

I mentioned how you can change this, and I now know that you almost have to change this, unless you have a pretty high resolution, like the computer I coded this on has.

200, 200 will make it show up if some of you have been wondering why nothing happens. Then you can increase it to be whatever size you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:18 am 
Mortal

Newb question, but what exactly does this function do? I don't have any experience actually utilizing scripts and such as this one, so for me, I didn't notice anything. Care to enlighten me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:52 am 
Mortal

Kin wrote:
Newb question, but what exactly does this function do? I don't have any experience actually utilizing scripts and such as this one, so for me, I didn't notice anything. Care to enlighten me?

In hindsight, I should have made it this way from the beginning.

Step-by-step way to fix it:
With the shattered kingdoms world open
Game
Edit Script File
Go to line 21 (hit the down arrow 20 times)
Change the numbers here from 800, 800 to something smaller, like 350, 350
Close the script (File -> Close or Ctrl-W). If it asks do you want to re-process the script, click yes.

You should notice something now. It displays incoming and outgoing tells, gtells, and cabal tells in an area on the right of your mushclient screen. The problem is that the size I chose the window to be was for a large resolution screen, and I didn't think to make it smaller for those of lesser resolution. I prefer PvP in HD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:52 pm 
Mortal

After downloading the latest version of MUSHClient, I have come to realize, with the help of a friend, that this actually...doesn't work...lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:46 pm 
Mortal

Fixed.

http://jump.fm/EGLOV

Even changed the window size. in this one, you shouldn't have to change a thing. just enable scripting, and browse to the file. if it doesn't work, send me a yim or something...anything. i hate not knowing that my stuff is broken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:09 pm 
Mortal

Guess what? I had a feature request, and I am delivering.

http://jump.fm/WHSCI

This new amazing awesome feature will, when the miniwindow where the messages display gets full, remove the top message to make room for the next message.

It's all set up and ready to go without any changes needing to be made to the lua file, but if you want to know what all you can change, keep reading. Enjoy!

The number of messages displayed is based off the number of messages that will fit in your miniwindow. You can still change the size if you want inside the lua file, and I've even placed it at the top for easier finding and what not.

The height, width, backgroundColor, and fontColor variables are pretty easy to understand I'm sure.

The yPosIncrement number should be bigger than your fontSize, but still close. If you have a fontSize of 8, I'd suggest a yPosIncrement of 10, for example. This is also a way to increase how many messages will fit in your miniwindow.