Someone trips someone
Someone trips you
You trip someone
Someone or you misses a trip
Someone or you bashes someone AND sends them sprawling
Someone or you misses a bash on someone
Someone misses a bash on you
Someone gets dirtkicked successfully

It will take who was the victim from these situations, victim being one who is prone or has dirt in their eyes, and display a message in black letters highlighted in a yellow background saying what happened.

I.E.
Edoras's bash knocks the wind out of the_me.
Edoras slams into the_me and sends him sprawling.
(in black text with a bright yellow background) the_me has been BASHED!

Copy the AddTriggerEx calls down below and go to Game -> Immediate and paste them, then click run, and then close. Nothing will show saying it worked or anything. If you want to check, go to Game -> Configuration -> Triggers and you should see some new triggers.

You'll need to enable Lua scripting to even click the Immediate... option on the Game menu. You'll also need to enable triggers, just in case you have them disabled for whatever reason.

Trip needs two, one for when someone else trips, one for when you trip. I was able to consolidate bash into one. I've accounted for missing trips and bashes as well, although when you miss a bash, it isn't pretty. The dirt kick one only fires when others are dirt kicked. I decided not to make one for when you get dirt kicked because it's so easy to tell. The wall of text becomes a wall of someone.

Black is the text color, yellow is the background color. Change them to what you want. You can also change the " has been blah" to whatever you want, but I suggest keeping the space after the opening quotation mark.

Sorry for the lolcat speak in some situations.

AddTriggerEx("trip" , "* trips * sending * to the ground.", "ColourNote(\"black\", \"yellow\", GetClipboard()..\" has been TRIPPED!\")", 1, -1, 2, "", "", 12, 100)
AddTriggerEx("otripy" , "* trips you and you go down!", "ColourNote(\"black\", \"yellow\", \"You have been TRIPPED!\")", 1, -1, 2, "", "", 12, 100)
AddTriggerEx("ytrip" , "*trip * and * goes down!", "ColourNote(\"black\", \"yellow\", GetClipboard()..\" has been TRIPPED!\")", 1, -1, 2, "", "", 12, 100)
AddTriggerEx("mtrip" , "* tr* to trip * but end* up tripping*!", "ColourNote(\"black\", \"yellow\", GetClipboard()..\" has FAILED A TRIP!\")", 1, -1, 1, "", "", 12, 100)
AddTriggerEx("bash" , "*slam* into * and send* sprawling!", "ColourNote(\"black\", \"yellow\", GetClipboard()..\" has been BASHED!\")", 1, -1, 3, "", "", 12, 100)
AddTriggerEx("mbash" , "* bash misses*falls flat on * face.", "ColourNote(\"black\", \"yellow\", GetClipboard()..\" has MISSED A BASH!\")", 1, -1, 1, "", "", 12, 100)
AddTriggerEx("ombash" , "*evade *'s bash and * falls flat on * face.", "ColourNote(\"black\", \"yellow\", GetClipboard()..\" has MISSED A BASH!\")", 1, -1, 2, "", "", 12, 100)
AddTriggerEx("dirt" , "* is blinded by the dirt*", "ColourNote(\"black\", \"yellow\", GetClipboard()..\" has been DIRT KICKED!\")", 1, -1, 1, "", "", 12, 100)

EDIT: Just making some updates. I completely changed the one for trip, because I just did it wrong this whole time. Thanks to Syn for posting practically everything.

Last edited by Rodwen on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:19 pm 
Mortal

Changes complete. If anyone notices anything wrong, please let me know.

Once again, if you've already ran these, you'll need to remove the 7 triggers and run this in the immediate window again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:41 am 
Mortal Contributor

Just some friendly advice, I wouldn't mess with triggers like this at all. If a character can be cursed one full level for setting up a harmless butcher/skin trigger then using a trigger that could affect the outcome of pk might have a fairly harsh punishment attached to it if you are caught.

Apologies for any spelling or grammer errors you see in this post, I am typing on my cell phone and I have huge fingers compared to these keys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:47 am 
Gold Donor

Orac wrote:
Just some friendly advice, I wouldn't mess with triggers like this at all. If a character can be cursed one full level for setting up a harmless butcher/skin trigger then using a trigger that could affect the outcome of pk might have a fairly harsh punishment attached to it if you are caught.

Apologies for any spelling or grammer errors you see in this post, I am typing on my cell phone and I have huge fingers compared to these keys.

I think it just highlights important information, which is safe. If it were to send a command back to the mud in response to certain scenarios, it could be considered botting, I believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:55 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
The_me is right. Triggers which do not send commands to the mud are perfectly legitimate, and extremely useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:03 am 
Mortal Contributor

Sorry, I misunderstood the post. I thought it was about ways to bash or trip people with triggers to save time. I'll have to put more effort into reading the content while I browse the forums via my phone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:14 am 
Mortal

I guess I should put up a description of what it does huh...lol, thanks the_me and Edoras, and Orac for pointing out that it isn't really obvious.

EDIT: Description has been edited into the first post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:14 pm 
Webadmin

SK Character: Viltrax
Just to add the formal response, which has already been stated by players in posts above.

MUD client triggers that highlight something in the local environment are fine, provided they do not automate the character in-game (i.e. triggers should not cause text to be sent back to the MUD).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:13 pm 
Mortal

Viltrax wrote:
Just to add the formal response, which has already been stated by players in posts above.

MUD client triggers that highlight something in the local environment are fine, provided they do not automate the character in-game (i.e. triggers should not cause text to be sent back to the MUD).

There was a long, drawn-out thread over triggers quite some time ago.

The best litmus test I can offer someone is the same that World of Warcraft implements with its LUA scripting API:

Every action executed by your character must be associated with at least one keystroke, mouse click, or other HID event.

I use triggers all the time to adjust my prompt and the definition of a "panic button" alias depending on what effects my client believes are active. This is arguably a grey zone, but if you take the time to ensure that you 'void out' if you do not actually enter any real commands within the 10-or-so minute time frame, you are a step closer to conforming to what are a very archaic set of rules.