Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MUSHclient Crashing
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:57 pm 
Mortal

So, thanks to a tip from a fellow SKer, I downloaded MUSHclient and have been using it for a few weeks now. For the most part, everything seems pretty great, but lately every time I log in, it crashes. It's generally within a short period of time of starting up, but it seems to occur most when I enter into battles or am interacting with other PCs.

I am seriously code illiterate, and I have no idea how to figure out what the problem is. I do have quite a few triggers set up and I thought that might be causing it, but the ones I have are (at least I think) pretty common.

Does anyone who's more experienced with this client have any suggestions? I don't even know how to identify the problem, much less solve it. :/

Post subject: Re: MUSHclient Crashing
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:08 am 
Mortal

Hi MsPT, I do not know what the problem is but, if I run into this problem, with the symptoms you have described, the very first thing I would do is to create a New World under File, and go from there. Play with the new profile for a while and see if it crashes. That way we can determine if it is a setting that's causing the crashes. If it still crashes you may have a corrupted settings file/MUSHClient exe, memory (hardware) issues, etc..

The New World profile can be saved into a new .MCL file, which can be independent to the one you currently own, and one that you can change settings freely with.

If you have previously turned on logging and increased buffer, check to see if the destined file is pointing at a location where you have access. If you have previously turned off command echo, it may be worth turning it back on to see if you are triggering anything, to help with finding out the cause.

Post subject: Re: MUSHclient Crashing
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:44 pm 
Mortal

I had tried this once but I'd selected to keep the files on my other world. This time, I didn't do that, and I think it worked because I've been online for half an hour now and not a single crash.

Thanks for the tip! :)