Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Does your significant other like SK?
....what significant other? 33%  33%  [ 22 ]
He/she plays with me! 13%  13%  [ 9 ]
He/she doesn't like it. 18%  18%  [ 12 ]
He/she doesn't care about it one way or another. 30%  30%  [ 20 ]
He/she doesn't know about it. 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 67
 Post subject: Re: What does your significant other think of SK?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:20 am 
Mortal

Its like Mission Impossible in my household just trying to get an hour in under her nose. Usually not worth the punishment. -___-

:o

Post subject: Re: Allow for enchant armor to place stacking saves.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:55 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
So... I just started dating this girl a little over a month ago. I don't usually date Cuz I do the [REDACTED] thing. But not any longer.
I told her that I play SK and explained that it's "in mideval times an there are a bunch of countries constantly at war with eachother." I told her about my faction and brough up the various faiths. Tried to explain how were able to make our characters however we want. She understood the concept and then began asking about the amount of time I actually play it, I told her "um... Sometimes i play six hours a day or more." Her jaw dropped. "Well, I have needs!" She said. I told her that one to two hours a day would allow me to still survive in the game. She seems to be accepting that this is how I spend my time. But I think she views it as dumb because there are no graphics.
I'm just hoping she doesn't try to pull an ultimatum on me and say "it's either me or your game!"
...because if that were the case I think my playtime would increase dramatically shortly thereafter. Lol

So do any of you have any tips about how to keep her at bay? How to get her interested in my storyline? Anything like that?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:15 am 
Mortal

Give her some loot.

Mudsex her!?

I'm out of ideas, sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:27 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

Trosis wrote:
So... I just started dating this girl a little over a month ago. I don't usually date Cuz I do the [REMOVED] thing. But not any longer.
I told her that I play SK and explained that it's "in mideval times an there are a bunch of countries constantly at war with eachother." I told her about my faction and brough up the various faiths. Tried to explain how were able to make our characters however we want. She understood the concept and then began asking about the amount of time I actually play it, I told her "um... Sometimes i play six hours a day or more." Her jaw dropped. "Well, I have needs!" She said. I told her that one to two hours a day would allow me to still survive in the game. She seems to be accepting that this is how I spend my time. But I think she views it as dumb because there are no graphics.
I'm just hoping she doesn't try to pull an ultimatum on me and say "it's either me or your game!"
...because if that were the case I think my playtime would increase dramatically shortly thereafter. Lol

So do any of you have any tips about how to keep her at bay? How to get her interested in my storyline? Anything like that?

Do the bait and switch. Has she ever read a fantasy book? Does she get into books with crazy storylines and enjoy the bat#*$& crazy people therein? Sell that aspect of it, first. Sell the depth and interest people have in fantasy books, then pitch it as a creative outlet to write part of the story.

If/when I have to sell it, I sell it like that. I never get any weird looks, usually. But I also can't put as much time in these days, so I don't ever usually answer "6+ hours a day." That was probably your first mistake, you've got an uphill battle from here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:32 am 
Mortal

maxman wrote:
Mine threatens me and withholds sex for a period of time if I get too involved in SK. *sigh*

This is an example of a person that you need to dump/divorce.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:32 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
Trosis wrote:
So... I just started dating this girl a little over a month ago. I don't usually date Cuz I do the [REMOVED] thing. But not any longer.

don't date girls who give you ultimatums about how to spend your free time!

I don't know; the guys I always dated/married were/are gamers who made fun of me for playing such an "old fashioned" game but I always talked about it freely. Just ask her to roll a character with you and help her out! It is a fun little game once you get the hang of it. I explain it more like D&D in text.

For god's sake, if you have a girlfriend, don't play a game for 6 hours a day. 1-2 hours is fine, or maybe more on weekends. Don't EVER be like "hey, sorry, we can't go to the movies tonight I gotta go to the Dreamscape tonight" and if she's like "honey can you come help me" don't be like "HOLD ON I'M PLAYING SK [REDACTED] SHEESH" or she'll start to resent it if it takes time away from her. Don't make her compete with the game at all; real people should always win. That doesn't mean you won't find time to play, even daily. Lots of people in relationships and with families do, especially once you're settled in a routine and don't go out all the time!

Make her more important than the game and fit the game into your spare time. It'll work out! Roll fun greybies in Zhenshi or somewhere together.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:37 am 
Mortal

ninja_ardith wrote:
maxman wrote:
Mine threatens me and withholds sex for a period of time if I get too involved in SK. *sigh*

This is an example of a person that you need to dump/divorce.

ladyjennbo wrote:
Trosis wrote:
"Well, I have needs!" She said.

don't date girls who give you ultimatums about how to spend your free time!

Ardith and Jennbo tie for QFT of the Year.

ladyjennbo wrote:
Make her more important than the game and fit the game into your spare time. It'll work out! Roll fun greybies in Zhenshi or somewhere together.

Jennbo wins the Worst Advice Ever Cup.

You young gentlemen need to be vigilant.

As for BYB2SK (Bring Your Bae to SK) my advice is to seriously consider the risks that all of the community's bodice rippers and opera ghosts present to your relationship, whether from action or the implicit association you will then share with them as another player of "that game."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:40 am 
Mortal

Trosis wrote:

Dump her. "I have needs," translated, is a need for validation. It means she's not emotionally mature enough.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:49 am 
Mortal

Relationship advice here in trollandia...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:57 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
My last ex- always referred to SK as my "stupid nerd game" and/or my "no-picture word game" before a prompt rolling of the eyes.

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next