It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Psychopathic Spectrum Quiz
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:48 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
Your
score 42%

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.

well that's boring

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:50 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
Quote:
You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.

I suppose... I have been.. warned?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:10 pm 
Mortal

73% makes me feel like I'm half [REDACTED] 'n it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:15 am 
Mortal

grep wrote:
Yeah.

This community probably needs a sociopathic spectrum quiz instead.

I'm curious what it is you do? I'm aware that there is a general disagreement as to whether these two are the same or different. I tend to see them as the same based on my own understanding.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:54 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Adalwulf, Whinston, Eberhardt
73 %

You can play hardball with the best of them! You know what you want and are not afraid to go for it – even if it means bending the rules occasionally and putting a few noses out of joint on the way. Nothing fazes you. You are decisive, self-confident and pretty much up for anything. You are a ‘means-to-an-end’ person. For you, it’s not necessarily a matter of right or wrong, but of what gets the job done. ‘Bring it on’ is your mantra, but to help those around you keep their heads, you should learn some tricks to help you temper your self-satisfying tendencies...

Looks about right,
Don

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:08 am 
Mortal

Ajon wrote:
grep wrote:
Yeah.

This community probably needs a sociopathic spectrum quiz instead.

I'm curious what it is you do? I'm aware that there is a general disagreement as to whether these two are the same or different. I tend to see them as the same based on my own understanding.

A Sociopath is essentially a person who lacks any empathy at all. They will do literally anything to get what they want. Sort of like a scheming politician who lets four our men die, so he can catch a nap before hitting up a television show in Vegas (but that would be preposterous) their crimes are usually motivated by convenience.

A Psychopath is a bit different in that empathy actually IS possible for him, though only in a limited sort of way. These people usually have trouble relating to society and its norms. These are the guys that seem baffled when you are upset that they killed someone else's child (after all, it's not like it was yours, and the parent can always go have new ones) or prowl the streets murdering prostitutes or homeless people. These guys also usually have a history of either being abused or being excessively pampered.

Someone with both traits is usually just a punk [REDACTED] that wasn't punched in the mouth enough as a child.

Hope that helps,
Don

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:03 am 
Mortal

Because punching children in the mouth solves psychological problems instead of creating them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:29 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
ninja_ardith wrote:
Because punching children in the mouth solves psychological problems instead of creating them.

Seriously. I always get strange looks from my family because I decide not to use violence as means of punishment for my kids... and people are always like "they're going to grow up to not respect authority and end up in jail!"

But I mean, go to a prison. I bet you that 99.9% of those people were spanked or worse.

But then again, I get the desire to punch children sometime. They can be the worst. It's a fine line.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:09 am 
Mortal

ladyjennbo wrote:
"they're going to grow up to not respect authority and end up in jail!"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:02 pm 
Mortal

ninja_ardith wrote:

I seemed to turn out alright. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go... hunting...

Don