Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Real Life Professions.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:02 pm 
Mortal

Bartender

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:06 pm 
Mortal

Ahahaha. Well. Smoochy is a part-time hourly manager at a buffet.
Also, a cartoonist and an animator. Looking forward to going back to school, to be honest~♫

Three years now. Go figure.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:17 am 
Mortal

Air Quality Technician for EPA(Environmental Protection Agency)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:17 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

Web Consultant/Solution Architect. UX/Front end developer.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:24 am 
Mortal

lawyer specializing in drug development

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:06 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Better call Saul.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:13 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Xasuki
I'm a maintenance technician at an apartment complex.

Arelgama

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:08 am 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
Karvik wrote:
Roofing and General Contractor for the last 20 years. First and only job I've ever had, though looking to change that soon. Working on a scuba career, such as an instructor or under water welding. Just finished up the first part of my open water certification, so I have a ways to go yet.

Being a PADI Scuba Instructor myself, and having looked at Commercial Diving career too at some point, let me help you by telling you that PADI OWSI (Open Water Scuba Instructor) is one way, which will cost X amount of money to get all the way up to 5 stars and then you can work worldwide for seasons at a time in every scuba center but the work hours and the money you'll get are not much...

Commercial Diver on the other hand has some sweet specialties that can make you a ton of money but the training and certifications required for that have nothing to do with PADI-style certifications (ie Open Water, Adv Open Water, Rescue, Divemaster, OWSI). i found that these will not only not help you, but are not required or accepted when looking into Commercial diving career. You need to do a specific type of training on one of the several companies, which costs hella'lot of money and then, you have to find a way to enter the "inner circle" of commercial diving which is an unforgiving one, as the job itself is. Still, you travel around the world much, get good money if you get a half decent specialty.

Hope this works out for you and helps you some. Feel free to PM me for further info.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:07 pm 
Mortal

Unemployed currently. I have an associates in Netowrking (Cisco network admin) so I understand TCP/IP and various routing protocols. A+ certification and I can't really find anything in Kentucky. All the entry level jobs require 2-5+ years experience and refuse to hire anyone who has no corporate experience because no one wants to train anymore. They're perfectly fine with pulling Indians from overseas though.

Was going to work at GeekSquad because it's IT experience until they wanted to offer me $9 an hour, part time less than 30 hours a week, no insurance AND I had to buy my own uniform from them. I politely told them to go buzz off. I didn't go to school to make $9 an hour. On the side I run my own little business, mostly invite only right now as I'm still working on figuring out tools I can use commercially without legal consequence. Looking into Malwarebytes and maybe Teamviewer. Mostly I do network setups, virus removals and various other home PC repairs.

I've done the call center thing. It isn't for me. After working wireless tech support for Comcast (some of the most angriest people I've ever seen) I gave out after 6 months. I don't plan on working call centers anymore, at all. Period. Way too much stress and they just either interfere with the ability to do the job properly (get off the phone quickly) or their own tools (comcast) break and won't work correctly half the time. Not to mention the various technical flaws that CC knows about and refuses to fix which would be simple.

So for now, unemployed I guess. IT is rough to get into..I feel like I chose the wrong profession.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:32 pm 
Mortal

Auto Mechanic.

Messing around with computers is just a hobby for me.
I can't work unless it's hands on. I leave my typing and computer time for off hours at home. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next