Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: TALON leader.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:03 am 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
Since I cannot figure out where this post should go... Here it is. Feel free to move it.

Just logged in to find my char has been removed from my Tribunal without any notice, PM, interaction or anything.
Yeah I have been away for a month or so, due to my job, and I always update the Cabal/Tribunal forums when I am going out, so not being active or not being able to find me online is not an excuse. You could give me the courtesy of leaving me a PM and waiting until I return.

So what's up with that? I'd love some explanation. Reason I post here is I dont know who leads the TALON to PM them directly.

Garnon - Alex.

Post subject: Re: TALON leader.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:20 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
I really wished people used the noticeboards more. Im not saying they did or didnt but a simple note with the reason etc perhaps with the offer to return once you are more available for active duty would have made things a lot more reasonable.

Post subject: Re: TALON leader.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:38 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
There were IC modifications to the Talons. It makes some sense for a leader under a new regime to suspend membership in order to ensure that all current Talons are on board with the changes instead of trying to insist that they took different oaths that should be grandfathered in.

While I certainly didn't suggest that this be done, and I'm not stating definitively that this is the reason that it happened, as patron of the Talons, I'm disinterested in forcing any specific action be taken here. Removing inactive members from factions has been a point of debate among PC leaders and staffers of the game forever. There is the school of thought that says, "meh, you're not here, but it doesn't really hurt anything to keep you on the books," and there is another that says, "if you're not here, then you're not part of the group, and why the heck are you on my roster?" Neither is wrong, in my opinion. Only different.

I can understand being upset OOCly about it, but I really feel this should be handled IC. I'm not forcing anyone's hand OOCly except to say that the current Talon leaders ought to be prepared to offer Garnon and anyone else they removed a path back into the faction as it stands now, if they want one: That is as much as I have done for anyone else who was removed from a faction against their will.