Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Thanks from a newbie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:20 am 

Hi everyone, I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to everyone for all the help that Toula has received. I am a true blue newbie and have had a lot of trouble learning the basic gameplay especially with respects to rp. I cannot exaggerate the amount of time I have spent reading help files to try to catch up. I have also made a slew of mistakes in character, everything from wielding a cookie, talking to a person's pet instead of them and generally having no clue as to what I should be wearing. Not one player has made a jab at my inexperience or showed any impatience when putting up with me.

I tried to play this game once before, several years ago, and I had a very bad experience. I don't know what all has been changed since then, but I am extremely grateful. I have had a completely different experience this time around and plan to stay active for a long time to come.
I would like to sent a special shout out to the following characters for exercising excessive patience and sacrificing considerable time to assist Toula:
Ennialdre, Yoona, Mayra, Donith and Suvilivus.

Thanks again to everyone for making such a difficult transition less painful and embarrassing.

Post subject: Re: Thanks from a newbie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:34 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
One time, I went to go PK a guy and I wielded a white taslamaran rose instead of my white adamantite dagger.

I died.

Funny anecdotes aside, I have a feeling that you might have had a run of bad luck before, and perhaps a run of better luck now. It's my opinion that the players make or break the game, and there's almost always going to be someone who is impatient in dealing with newbies just like there's almost always guaranteed to be someone who is extremely helpful. Sometimes they're the same person, depending on what mood you catch them in :P. Some people might argue that the playerbase has gone down, and with it, there is a higher percentage of players that are interested in bettering the game than there used to be. That might be true, although I'm not certain it's the main factor as to why things might be more friendly to you this time.

All that said, I am very glad that you're enjoying the game! It's one of the most impressive and engaging muds out of all that I've played. Feel free to also pose any questions that you want to the forums here: Despite the low amount of activity recently on them, plenty of people still peruse them and you'll often get quick responses on questions.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:40 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
It's been said that the game has a steep learning curve. Just learn from your mistakes (and there will be many) and know that becoming even decent at this game takes a lot of time.

I wish you luck and hope you have a lot of fun.

Also: lulz @white rose.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:29 pm 
Mortal

*pats you on your head*