Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Memorable bloopers in SK
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:12 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
I thought I'd share a couple to get the ball rolling.

One is with my first character ('99 - '00) when I reached level 5 and did not bother with a description when someone told me that I should have a description,
thinking that it was an automated message and not willing to be bothered with it yet, I added something along the lines of "blah blah blah this is a description" and got helled for it until I wrote a proper one. Turns out it was an IMM talking to me.

Another one was a very memorable bug that happened with my character. Upon getting my priestess of Yopparai (Volperon) invested by Mordanzibel, I got somewhat bugged and I suddenly had ALL the skills and spells in the game even those NOT in the skill spell list. We're talking about the old times, with a half elf priestess that could bash, fourth attack and have spells like create item (I never managed to do much other than get a few levels fast) Funniest thing is I thought that -that- was normal and that investment gave you all these spells. Sadly the problem fixed itself upon re-login.

I can probably recall more...

Post subject: Re: Memorable bloopers in SK
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:18 pm 
Immortal

Newbies accidentally following the wrong people in Exile and ending up in hidden temples and things of that nature were always worth a laugh.

There was a swashbuckler I can't seem to remember the name of who went charging head first into a wall of undead thinking they would clear it out easily only to forget to equip their weapons and was insta-gibbed instead.

I also remember a time when an old necromancer was running around killing people with a blood wight, only to come across someone they really wanted take out. Right as he wandered in the blood wight was summoned away leaving a now unprotected necromancer getting instantly charged into the dirt. Manifested. Shrugged. Released. You almost felt bad for the evil crazy necromancer who just had some really bad timing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:05 pm 

Was the swashbuckler Sidon? Sounds like something he might do.

Not so much a blooper, but a "what?". In college my roommates and I would play SK. This was early early, like... 97-00 timeframe. Anyhow, it was not unusual for us to play in a group doing training or whatever. Which apparently made the imms HIGHLY curious since we were coming from the same IP. I'm pretty sure we all almost got banned for that when we were first starting out.

-Mosco, bearer of the spoon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:05 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
mosco wrote:
Was the swashbuckler Sidon? Sounds like something he might do.

Not so much a blooper, but a "what?". In college my roommates and I would play SK. This was early early, like... 97-00 timeframe. Anyhow, it was not unusual for us to play in a group doing training or whatever. Which apparently made the imms HIGHLY curious since we were coming from the same IP. I'm pretty sure we all almost got banned for that when we were first starting out.

-Mosco, bearer of the spoon.

I seem to remember Mosco, from my early days playing Malithrax, Jalma, and Zimbid, but I think I knew you better with one of your alts either just before or just after Mosco. Wish I could remember the names..... *ponders*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:06 pm 

Yed wrote:
I seem to remember Mosco, from my early days playing Malithrax, Jalma, and Zimbid, but I think I knew you better with one of your alts either just before or just after Mosco. Wish I could remember the names..... *ponders*

I remember those names too, but yeah it was forever ago. My other characters (arguably Mosco was an alt) were:
Lugoj, priest of Jinnahra
Cyric, rogue.
XXX, nature priest (forget his name)
Alden, iirc retried-ish by the time I made Mosco, but idk.

I had some random other characters, like a dwarf barbarian that me and my roommate played as brothers. I probably trolled around the most on Lugoj, Cyric, and XXX. Mosco was for going around and randomly exploring with a charmed Aren in front of him to beat things up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:11 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
mosco wrote:
I remember those names too, but yeah it was forever ago. My other characters (arguably Mosco was an alt) were:
Lugoj, priest of Jinnahra
Cyric, rogue.
XXX, nature priest (forget his name)
Alden, iirc retried-ish by the time I made Mosco, but idk.

Alden, of course! He was always one of my early SK game favorites. :drunk: