Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: TopMUDSites Voting Rules
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:14 am 
Mortal

Hello hello!

So, it's been a long time, and I'm trying to re-familiarize myself with the rules. I'd like to vote as much as possible for SK but without getting us in trouble. I've got a desk job, and though I'm busy - I can find a chance to vote every 15 minutes or so (I mean, it's just two clicks).

How does the website keep track of the voting, and does anybody know what the "In" and "Out" means there? I looked for an FAQ or something on their site, and there wasn't anything very forthcoming.

It was nice seeing the who list hit double digits last night. There are plenty of people still playing MUDs, and I figure our best way to increase our player numbers is through word of mouth and that website.

^my 2 cents.

Post subject: Re: TopMUDSites Voting Rules
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:16 am 
Implementor

My understanding is that "In" is the number of people who have voted for the site, while "Out" is the number of people who have clicked on the Top Mud Sites link to check out that specific MUDs website.

Getting us back in the Top 20 on TMS would be a great way to start getting the word of mouth going again. You can vote once per day. If you vote more than once per day from the same computer/IP address, it will just be ignored. This is my understanding of how the anti-cheating system works. You may be able to vote multiple times if you use machines that are also using different IP addresses, but I don't condone it. Honestly, if everyone who was playing just voted once per day, I think we would easily be in the Top 20 without any cheating.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:22 am 
Mortal

I think we can too.

The number 20 MUD right now (on 12/20/17) is ToriMUD, with 155 votes since the beginning of the month. That's a little less than 8 votes per day. Now, I can't say much for our forum traffic (more forum traffic means higher chance of people voting, since the opportunity is right there), but I've been seeing at least 8 people logged on every day this week. Top 20 is definitely within our reach.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:49 pm 
Immortal

It also just reset, so as few as 10 votes would get us into the top 20 as well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:20 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
Algorab wrote:
It also just reset, so as few as 10 votes would get us into the top 20 as well.

23 right now!