Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Muzak
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:59 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Weymar
So the Ras Trent song you linked, the dancing from 1:45-1:55. I mean... yes. All yes. When you going to make this bard?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:54 pm 
Gold Donor

motheroon wrote:
So the Ras Trent song you linked, the dancing from 1:45-1:55. I mean... yes. All yes. When you going to make this bard?

Ras Trent will exist only when you admit your roommate Rick is an ignorant ball head.

Only then.

I would be rude to not add a song to my reply, so take this motheroon!
Ginuwine - Pony

Add some content my friend, no matter how random it is! I got a bit more time, might post a few more if they feel right. Good to be back!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:27 pm 
Gold Donor

Going to have to start keeping a spreadsheet of these songs, maybe a playlist, hope I am not repeating myself!

That said, here are a few more:
Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (Official Music Video)
Imagine Dragons - Bones (Official Music Video) (I know they were called "America's Nickleback, but I love them :P )
Nickelback - She Keeps Me Up (Why not some Nickelback then?!)
Daft Punk - Get Lucky (Official Video) feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers (Fun fact, this was the first song played at my little brother's wedding reception!)

Hope it was fun for you! Please share your likes, no matter from when or where!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:45 pm 
Gold Donor

Sorry, one last one, Bard fight!!!!
MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - DANCE OFF (FEAT. IDRIS ELBA) OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

Editing in one more:
Master of Puppets (Remastered)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:33 pm 
Mortal

lol. Alright!! let's see if I can match your songs to SK. Ginuwine:Pony - Who's that guy in Avan Keep who needs the uh, the item? That can be his song.
The Dance Off Macklemore/Ryan Lewis - The rumored coliseum battles? That's the fight music. Boom!
Daft Punk:Get Lucky - Freaking love daft punk. All of DP is my jam. Pomplamoose did a sweet cover of Something About Us.
Master of Puppets - Well that song was played in Stranger Things and now I'm crying. Thanks a lot.

Side note. I got back into SK a couple months ago when both my weekly DnD AND my weekly improv playground got suddenly cancelled. Much solitude! But starting tonight I get to go play stupid improv games again so I'm happy about that. And you know, I'm happy it was temporarily cancelled because... now I'm back here, too. <3 <3 <3

I think I tried to share this song the other day but had internet problems... not the official music video, but it does feature a shirtless man, you're welcome... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh4zBlPoHi4&t=3s

Not a song, just 12 minutes of an old man talking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz9mo4qW9bc

And Blind Guardian! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAwqllU ... GA&index=4

My roommate Rick IS an ignorant ballhead! All day long about the balls, balls this balls that! Balls balls balls!
Balls.

Your turn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:18 am 
Gold Donor

Not bad! Cool music video for Light Again. The guy made me think of an asian Keanu Reeves and I liked it!

Nice version of Mr. Sandman! Dig it.

I still know every line from this obscure comedy song from the 90's... Adam Sandler - The Goat Song. As an actor, Adam Sandler sure seems to have come a long way since that!

Now what the hell, some local stuff! September 1st was our 1st "Alberta Day", a bit belated, but songs from or about Alberta!
Celeigh Cardinal - The Devil is a Blue-Eyed Man (Go Edmonton!)
Big Sugar - All Hell For A Basement (2001)
The Rural Alberta Advantage - Tornado 87 [Official Music Video] (I was 4 years old and living in Edmonton when the tornado came. Don't remember it much, but Mom talks about having to pull me in from watching the storm on the deck and hiding us under the steps in the basement!) The song kicks in at the 2:30 mark.
Not a country fan myself, but we got this too Paul Brandt - Alberta Bound - Official Music Video

I feel 90% of the songs that come from Alberta are country, been trying to avoid that as it is not my top taste.

OH, how about Martin Kerr! This isn't his best but he is a local guy and when it came out he called in to the local radio station and requested his own song, it was great.
Isolation Groove - Martin Kerr feat. AV (Ann Vriend)
And an AWESOME cover of Lovers in a Dangerous Time!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:25 am 
Gold Donor

Here is the original from BNL for Lovers in a Dangerous Time for comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:57 pm 
Gold Donor

Some of you might like this, it touches base with myself honestly.

Just listen to it at least once before watching the video... the video does not do it justice, but it is a great song!

TALK - Run Away to Mars (Official Lyric Video)
EDIT: I'm trying to say open it in a new tab and do NOT watch the video for the first time.

Also lol, our local radio station played this: I'm So Humble (feat. Adam Levine) AH, Canada!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:30 pm 
Mortal

So, occasionally I get this message when trying to post, and it says the spamhaus has blocked my IP address. Then after a few days it lets me post again. Maybe my teens are visiting suspicious sites, I really don't know!

Run Away to Mars. LOL I was about to say it's a pleasing tune when I clicked over to see the video, like you said not to do, and saw the cartoon aliens. Doesn't quite match! But I won't judge the creators.

It's weird when the radio plays something nonstandard.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:19 am 
Mortal

Oo, I like that Martin Kerr, it reminds me of James Taylor sort of. All his songs are so chill. Like, this song is one of the sappiest I ever heard, like you may barf if you listen to it, but the whole thing makes me smile for some reason. Is there some area in SK where it's just hippies and people who are happy and high? One of the gardens? Like maybe this is the song that plays in the background when you first enter the dreamscape? Or that tortures the darkies while they're in the River? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSsfNlS42Cc

Your local stuff's pretty great! I don't love country either, but if I lived in Alberta, I'd appreciate that song. I don't know if any good local stuff comes from my area? California in general, sure, but maybe I'd know if local stuff was good if I went out more.

Hmm I just got one more to share, it's more deeply "background" and I don't actually know where it came from, but I've had it on for hours and I love it. Some kinda cajun island tunes, but the artists are German, it says lol. Song 8 is the best, Under My Sensi - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r67q9uPk8E

What about internet radio stations? Ever turn one on and let it run?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next