Post subject: [RP] Enlisting Aid
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:28 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
Quote:
[HP:100%] [ME: 98%] [PE:100%]
>
You are following your rider!
You wander west, ridden by a divine steward.

War Room
Like the other portions of this Outpost, this chamber has been melted out
of the bedrock. Wide enough for three griffons to stand wingtip-to-wingtip
and nearly as tall, it still feels somewhat cramped thanks to the large map
table dominating the center of the room. Around the gently curving, glassy
walls are set scroll cases and bookshelves stuffed to nearly overflowing
with reports, maps, and records of everything from supplies to battles to
guard rotations and everything else needed to keep a small army
functionining smoothly. Griffons of every sort move through the room
purposefully, scouts and messengers darting to and fro and small groups of
tacticians speaking in quiet but firm tones. A large perch is set against
the wall opposite the entryway, ringed by Sophus messengers and advisors of
all stripes. From its central position overlooking the organized chaos of
the war room it's obvious that the perch is meant for the commander of the
forces housed at the Outpost.
Obvious exits: e
The Sophus Master at Arms stands at attention on the dais beside the perch.
The Dragonhunter of the Sophus is here observing the map.

>
A large, round stone table a little wider than an adult griffon's
wingspan fills the center of the room. Raised from its surface is a
magically-maintained, incredibly detailed topographical map of the Empire.
Small glowing figures of various colors dot the surface, maintained by a
small team of Sophus mages around the table who shift the positions of the
figures as reports from the scouts filter in.

>
You start to speak empire tongue.

>
You say to The Sophus Master at Arms 'Hail, Commander. I come in my capacity as Clerk of Sophus Justice, speaking on behalf of our general, the Sword.'

>
You say to The Sophus Master at Arms 'I have some orders for our patrols, but let me arrange things for clarity, first.'

>
Karsh moves to the Sophus mages maintaining the magical map, clearing his throat to draw their attention.

> You say 'Magi, let us change the setting here to better suit our upcoming campaign. Please dismiss the map of the Empire, for the time being, and craft instead the image I describe...'

> Karsh spends several hours going from one mage to the other, offering suggestions and descriptions so that a map of Taslamar might be crafted instead of the Empire. With a pointed talontip, he directs the mages to mark the Tower of Rose, Everclear, the Temple of Meissa, the Palace, Collegium, Morea, Exile, the Skybolt Encampment, and the orphanage with specific, color-coded magical markers.

>
Karsh moves around the table and magical map once completed, giving it a final inspection before proceding on to have the mages mark the Peacekeeper patrol routes as well as trade routes and rural farming communities until a relatively complete image of a tactical and topographical map is presented, complete with glowing figures moving in predetermined lines through the area.

>
Karsh pays little heed to the growing number of Sophus soldiers, rangers, mages, and officers gathering around to observe his work until the map is complete. He then looks up to the assembled and squares his shoulders, addressing The Sophus Master at Arms.

> You say to The Sophus Master at Arms 'By the authority of the Sword of the Sophus I am hereby suspending on a temporary basis Sophus activities in the Empire. Instead, we are going to direct our efforts at Taslamar, not against Taslamar, but against the threat to its safety that this undead plague represents.'

> You say to The Sophus Master at Arms 'It is time that the Sophus lived up to their part of our alliance with the Western mainland in a more direct fashion.'

>
Halerad rides an enormous winged lizard in from the east.

>
Halerad looks at Dragonhunter of the Sophus.

>
Halerad looks at The Sophus Master at Arms.

>
Karsh moves around the table and map and rises to his hind legs, mantling his wings for balance as he uses a talon to point and trace new patrol routes, colored as the Sophus routes on the previous map were, as he continues.

> You say to The Sophus Master at Arms 'I want patrols of three or four, a cleric or mage with each, flying circuit along these lines.'

> Karsh gestures for a mage to trace the lines on the magical map as he points them out.

> You say to The Sophus Master at Arms 'Hunters and stealth-capable scouts are to keep the lands around the palace clear of any zombies that might encroach. Have them camped here, here, and here.'

> Karsh points to three places forming a rough triangle around the Palace and the Collegium.

>
You say to The Sophus Master at Arms 'The primary objective is to cleanse the wilds of Taslamar of the stragglers, and to keep them cleansed. We all know the importance of a stable supply chain, so I want the most experienced and able patrols flying this route, and this one.'

> Karsh pauses to describe to overlapping circles covering the rural farmlands around the city.

> You say to The Sophus Master at Arms 'The farmers are still falling prey to the undead, despite the Peacekeepers best efforts. Let's make sure we keep them safe and secure. Make sure Sophus clerical encampments are here, here, here, and here. I want rapid response ready to handle reports of outbreaks, and healing of disease and injury as needed.'

>
Karsh points out several strategically-important points for the clerical encampments, providing the broadest coverage for rapid movement throughout the farmlands.

>
You say to The Sophus Master at Arms 'Let us remind Taslamar why we are valued allies and friends of the Light, Commander. We will return to our efforts to secure lasting freedom for Qul'kelxi once we have put down this larger threat.'

>
Karsh lowers himself back to all fours, folding his wings back along his spine.

>
Karsh turns his unblinking gaze to the assembled officers, soldiers, mages and scouts.

> You say 'We have a duty here that demands our best efforts, and, in the long run, will only aid our longer-lasting struggle. I expect you all to do your best, and have faith that with Sophus aid, we can clear Taslamar once and for all. We will all look forward to returning to our habitual duties, but in the meantime, I expect this will be a welcome diversion. Just...do not try to eat the zombie pieces you rend from their rotting bodies.'

> Karsh's beak cracks in what is either a threat to bite or a smile, as the assembled, war-hardened griffons chortle or chirrup small, gruff sounds of amusement at his reference to common Sophus field rations.

>
You say to The Sophus Master at Arms 'That will be all, Commander. See that the new orders are disseminated as soon as possible. I will await sight of griffon wings in the skies of Taslamar as soon as you are able to dispatch the first patrols and clerics.'

>
Karsh nods once, firmly, at the The Sophus Master at Arms 's gruff word of acknowledgement, and turns to watch as the first orders are being barked and heeded.

>
Karsh moves around the table to stand with Halerad.

[HP:100%] [ME: 92%] [PE:100%]
> You ask to Halerad 'So? What do you think? Let it not be said that even in war and for practical purposes the Sophus do not know how to add a touch of civilization to our constructions, eh?'

[HP:100%] [ME: 92%] [PE:100%]
>
Halerad says to you 'I am most jmpressed with the continued deeication to seeing the lands of Taskamar made safe from the hordes. The work done already is quite app`rent when tqaveming through the fields.'

>
You say to Halerad 'It is equally apparent that the weakest of the citizens are still at risk. Just this month I slew no less than two farmers turned to undead. Quite beyond the threat to the nation's stability as a whole that such represents, it is abbhorent to me that innocents should fall victim when my men are out on patrol. Clearly, Taslamar requires more patrols, and few are as adept at such wide-ranging and guerilla engagements as the Sophus.'

[HP:100%] [ME: 93%] [PE:100%]
>
You say to Halerad 'The Peacekeeper soldiers are brave and capable men, but their experience is in more...straightforward warfare.'

[HP:100%] [ME: 97%] [PE:100%]
>
You say 'It is my hope that with the support and guidance of the Sophus, perhaps we can see Taslamar cleansed for good.'

>
Halerad says to you 'It is hndeed most eisturbing to see those of innocemt heart fall ill and have their minds turned to rot. I hope that, whith the additional help you have secured, the lands will be made safe.'

>
You say to Halerad 'Once Taslamar is made sure and safe, perhaps we can extend our vision beyond its borders. Perhaps the Skyfire might be enlisted to aid with Zhenshi and Uxmal. They too are close allies to the Sophus, and despite Zhenshi's turn from the Light the clan still aeries there. They were instrumental in creating this Outpost, as well, so I am hopeful that we might impose upon them to take wing as well, eventually.'

>
You say to Halerad 'I regret not being able to take you through the transportation portal to the Sanctum itself. I'm sure you would appreciate the temple of Zavijah that is there.'

>
Halerad says to you 'It sounds like a worthy goal to undertake, then.'

>
You say to Halerad 'One prays worthiness is a measure of success.'

>
Karsh takes a moment to examine the map, as if confirming its completion, before giving a short nod.

> You say 'Yes, that should serve, I think.'

>
You say to Halerad 'Well, I have finished if you are ready to leave. I ought to get back to Taslamar and ensure that the men are ready for the influx of Sophus.'

>
You say 'I would not like for them to mistake it for an invasion.'

>
You snort.

>
Halerad nods.

>
You start to fly.

>
You are following your rider!
You wander east, ridden by a divine steward.

Post subject: Re: [RP] Enlisting Aid
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:36 pm 
Mortal

I don't know how RPing with yourself is fun.