Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: [RP] Zavijah Press Submission by Quango [Edited by Kilni]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:15 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Code:
[  2 ] Kilni: Pyrathian Economics
To: all
On: Long Shadows 23, 1670
In: taslamaran writing

I am often asked how do you make coin to fund all sorts of things?

*First, it is important to understand Pyrathian economics.*

Every kingdom and part of the realms has a finite amount of coin and it can run out to the point that selling anything gives you only one copper. This usually stabilizes during the large shifts in the realms every 5 or so years.  So if you bankrupt a local economy it will improve with some patience.
Some economies do pretty well. A good way to figure out who is doing well is to locate platinum coins.  Strong economies will give the strongest people a whole platinum sometimes and some change in their inventories to go shopping with.

*Now, the first question for making coin is what path do you want to use to make the coin?*

You can do quests that provide coin, kill demons for their coin or steal from them or lastly sell items. Quests that provide good coins are great if you need instant cash for little work, but most can only be used once.
Quests that come to mind are visiting Somnium, collecting gems in Ch'zzrym, turning in the Old Blue Dragon egg, defeating all the dragon turtles in the Dreamscape, visiting the Edge of Oblivion, turning in totems at the Dead Volcano, and turning in items in Tlaxcala.
Next. you can defeat demons for coins which may be the slowest way to build wealth, but brings a satisfaction of removing demons from the realms.  If you are currently training it provides both experience for training and coin.  My advice here is if you are having a mentor help don't feel obligated to split coin with them.  If you are the brand new to the realms keep the change.  I guess if you are selfish you could always stop splitting coins too, but your friends might get grumpy.

*The best way of making obsidians is through selling gear, though.*

First - This takes some planning.  You want to maximize carrying potential.  So if you can get lighten load from an item, spell, or a potion you just doubled what all you can sell.  Or if you have tames, a charmed friend, undead (yuck), or elementals that can carry stuff, that's even better.  Give them containers to help you carry even more.
Next - What to sell?  High quality high value items are better then some low level items.  So look for adamantite, mithril, energy, and diamond things no one wants.  Look at the size of the items to sell too, since the larger the heavier and less you can carry.
Maybe if you are a mage, it's worth resizing a bunch of stuff just to sell.  Also giant strength let's you carry more too.  Treasures are always lighter then armor, so that's a good thing to sell. Items with a lot of runes sells for more than items without runes.
Then - You have to evaluate where to sell.  The main kingdoms have lots of shopkeepers, but don't always offer the best prices.  So you may want to explore, again locating platinum coins can help you guide you.  Sometimes going far out of the way offers the best price, but might also mean you have to travel far to sell it.  Use rifts or gate targets to quickly get all the gear to a place to sell.
I personally like the collector in the Infernal Planes and the dragon in the Ice Plane to sell for good values.  Once they run out of coin, I will venture to other places in this order: Cloud Realms, the Collegium in Taslamar, Seawatch in the Empire. Krychire, Sith'a'niel, and the armor shop southwest of Nerina are all great options too.

***continued on next page***

[  1 ] Kilni: Pyrathian Economics(continued)
To: all
On: Long Shadows 23, 1670
In: taslamaran writing

***continued from previous page***

*I guess I forgot to mention one last method for coin.*

Selling services for coin.  Scouts, priests, warlocks, mages, shamans, and bards can easily use their skills for compensation.  If you need funds to build a new shrine, help young, or maybe make something neat in the dragon guild, don't feel awful for asking for a few platinum for mistletoe or brewing double heals.  You are already putting in the work, so it's only fair you are rewarded for the work you have done.  I hope this helps you cover expenses in life.

*signed neatly*

Quango of the Mel'nas

Please vote for this submission for the Zavijah Press competition for useful information!

With the expectation of colder weather and possible supply shortages, I am sharing this to keep the economy fluid in the Realms.
All proceeds from book sales will be going towards those most affected by Emmao's curse and to the Teronian Orphanage and Hospital.

Special thanks to the player of Kilni who turns my ugly walls of texts into readable options. <3

Post subject: Re: [RP] Zavijah Press Submission by Quango [Edited by Kilni
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:43 am 
Mortal

I vote for this post because its super helpful. I'm always running into people that are short on coins and this helps them a lot. Rather than having me show them personally, this does the leg work for me. <3 Trag