Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Best lored item I have seen 5 stars
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:47 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
[Coins: 229 obsidian]
>give jar dark
You give a small glass jar to a dark-skinned female human.

[HP:100%] [ME:100%] [PE:100%] [Coins: 229 obsidian]
>
An urbane male dwarf nods.

>give dol dark
You give a ragged, grungy doll with eldritch blue eyes to a dark-skinned female human.

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'The runes along the edges of the jar appear to be of necromantic origin, a type used to involve links across distance. The ashes in the jar could be from any creature really, though the sheer amount seems to indicate that whatever burned cannot have been bigger than a halfling or gnome.'

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'There are a number of ancient bedtime nursery tales which tell of evil magicians stealing naughty children from their parents, and using their ashes in various cruel experiments, but most are considered merely tools to attempt to inspire some manner of fear and good behaviour.'

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'There are, however, also fairly credible reports of groups of necromancers using the body part of children in experiments, as it is believed their lack of conscientious understanding of the nature of necromancy allows the dark energy to flow easier through them. One ritual tells of the ashes of a child being used to scry upon the area in which the magically treated eyes of same child is found.'

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'The link between the two would be created through the flows of dark energy, maintained by the performance of a ritual wherein a perfect circle is drawn with the child's ash. The performer of the ritual steps inside the circle and is able to scry the location of the eyes.'

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'This is a small glass jar, a small glass treasure, weighing approximately 1 lbs. It is of superior workmanship and should fetch a little less than 300 silver in a respectable shop. Items like this often bear an innate enchantment to increase intelligence. Items like this often bear an innate enchantment to increase fortitude.'

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'The doll's tale is a bit more complex. And it's not really the story of this doll, but we're going to say it is. If Ghalinda goes missing, we'll know what happened.'

>
An urbane male dwarf nods.

>
An urbane male dwarf stops resting.

>
An urbane male dwarf starts to concentrate.

>
An urbane male dwarf utters the words, 'uoculoihuyl'.

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'It is the story of a little girl named Pryn. She went to a carnival that traveled to the edge of her village.'

>
An urbane male dwarf puts a small glass jar in a billow of undulating wisps.

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'Pryn went to the carnival and ate the candy and the popping corn. She watched the shows and had a great time. And she sees a doll in a tent with a game. So she plays the game. It took her a few tries, but she won the game, and she selected the doll as her prize.'

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'The game attendant tried to warn her against it, but she wouldn't be swayed. She loved the doll.'

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'So she took it home. And the villagers were terrified of the doll. They wouldn't let her come near them with it. They asked her to get rid of it.'

>
You hear a cry of terror off in the distance.

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'But she loved the doll, and she didn't want to give it up. So she ran away to the next village.'

>
An urbane male dwarf strokes his beard.

>
A dark-skinned female human exclaims 'But they didn't like the doll there either! They were terrified and called her names and they chased her out of their town!'

>
A hollow gong breaks the silence as it bangs six times, sending off an eerie tone throughout the area.

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'Pryn loved the doll. She talked to it and sometimes she even imagined it talked back. So when it whispered the name of a new village, she went there. Except there, they chased her! They were trying to take the doll away and she didn't want that.'

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'She ran away from them. They chased her down near the stream, and she found a hiding place under a bridge. So she hid in the cold deep waters, but she wasn't a good swimmer.'

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'She tried to swim, but she began to feel a tugging at her foot. Something trying to prevent her from swimming. And when she looked down in the water -'

>
A dark-skinned female human says 'It was the doll! And the doll was whispering for her to follow her to the depths. So she followed, because she loved the doll.'

>
A dark-skinned female human says to an urbane male dwarf 'It eventually washed to the shores, was picked up by the game attendant, and returned to the carnival to claim another spirit.'

>
The violin and bow in the hands of A dark-skinned female human release a beautiful sound.

I posted the lore because it amazing and wanted to share.
Cheers.