Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: swashie and pe
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:52 am 

Hello everyone. I am currently working on a half elven swashie and it seems that i run out of pe waaay too quickly. If i am fight along side of companions and not doing anything but normal attacks ie. No trip no kick nothing... The why am i out of energy completely while my barbarian friend still has 75% and is dodging and bashing all day?? Should i be putting att points into move?? Is it my crappy gear? Idk. Please help.

Thanks
Ziggy

Post subject: Re: swashie and pe
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:48 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
Add moves trains. Consider using stance neutral to reduce move usage. Swashies burn lots of PE in combat.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:01 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
Your PE drains for every attack past your first. Swashbucklers get the ability to make extra attacks sooner than other classes. If you are running because you fled a fight once and forgot to switch it back this will cause your PE to be a lot lower before you started the fight. Next time you move around see if you walk jog or run then use the speed command. If you are changing your stance a lot this could also be an issue at low levels as it drains quite a significant amount. There are a number of reasons why this could be happening try taking to a mentor in game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:28 pm 
Mortal

Train the skill endurance. Max con and dex because those both contribute to your PE pool. Training move always seemed like a waste to me as I could hardly notice any difference. I only train move once Ive maxed Str dex con and hp.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:47 pm 
Implementor

Over most of the long history of SK, training move was universally considered a waste (and mana was very often a waste). But we later improved training of stat pools to increase regeneration as well as maximum points. And we've added more ways, both voluntary and involuntary, to spend PE besides just moving around. So I would guess it is not necessarily a bad idea to invest a few trains in it now, depending on your class.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:12 pm 
Mortal

Right now, shaman is the only class where I would possibly consider not training the max available moves trains.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:52 pm 
Mortal

jreid_1985 wrote:
Train the skill endurance. Max con and dex because those both contribute to your PE pool. Training move always seemed like a waste to me as I could hardly notice any difference. I only train move once Ive maxed Str dex con and hp.

Some good advice in there. It is possible that a half-elven swashbuckler has lower constitution than other melee builds, so physical energy may be the limiting reagant on your character. For others, it is mana. For some, it is hitpoints. For others, it is saving throws.

Figure out what your character build's natural strengths and weaknesses are, perhaps by asking around in-game, and develop your plans to either leverage strengths or mitigate weaknesses.

Physical energy is like mana, but it will also be used when your passive skills "proc," I believe. For a swashbuckler, who is mostly passive skills, this might result in unexpected depletion.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:00 pm 
Mortal

Downside of the PE training is that the regen is ONLY useful when you are not in combat.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:16 pm 
Mortal

You are doing newbies a disservice if you speak in generalities or bring up some theoretical downside in a discussion like this.

What a new player needs to understand is this: If you plan to spend 99% of your time sitting around in an inn, do not bother thinking about where your training sessions go. If you plan to move around at all, moves trains will dramatically improve your ability to do so. They will also noticably, although not as dramatically, improve your ability to stand and fight without getting too tired to move afterwards without resting.

There are not really character builds on this game. There are 12 classes. They have different, somewhat overlapping skills and spells available to them. Every single one at some point will want to walk or run around, and then if they have not trained the max moves available to them they will be significantly worse at doing this than they otherwise could be.

Train moves. They're fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:45 pm 
Mortal

You usually never run into any PE issues unless you are involved in CRS or training. In your case, I take it you are training and running out of PE, having to rest etc. This happens to everyone but you can always visit a healer and 'heal refresh' for a small bit of coin. Now you are more than welcome to spend the 3 points into Move trains, but I can tell you from a scouts point of view, having a max cap of 6 and having trained 4 move, I haven't really noticed that much of a difference. Imho, I'd probably throw those points into hp to be a bit more competitive in pk. If you have issues with PE when walking, buy a mountable pet or find a source of flight.