Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: What would excite you to play?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:49 pm 
Implementor

Hey there,

I want to start an idea thread here, but please finish reading this description before posting.

I want to hear what changes you would like to see that would personally excite you enough to make you spend a lot of time playing the game over the next year, or would cause you to try getting your friends to play as well, or that you strongly believe would drive an increase to the player base in general.

In this regard, changes to specific skills, spells or even classes are not ideal for inclusion in this thread, because most class changes would effect only 10-15% of the player population. I am looking for high impact changes that would excite the population in general to come back for more SK-style fun.

It need not necessarily be a code required change. If there is a non-code change that would fulfill the above statement, please let us know.

Thanks!
-D

Post subject: Re: What would excite you to play?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:04 pm 
Mortal

More stringent regulation of pk, hoarding, and a format to allow people to express character's motivation to each other to alleviate strain between players.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:25 pm 
Mortal

I'd like to be in an active faction with long-lived characters, roleplay and active enemies. I don't think I have a suggestion on how to make that happen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:35 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Only one character per player and a global p-wipe to get rid of all the storage characters.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:43 pm 
Mortal

More use for tokens: like building small things in the game, using tokens to allow creations like principled sprites or aberrant sprites, as well as gaining tokens for every 100 hours played.

Bring back and expand heros. Let them level up to 51 with reward xps.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:47 pm 
Mortal

Dissociate cabal abilities with relics. Let CRS still earn tokens and be a means of victory, but not undo cabal spells and skills. Right now the biggest cabal will win all relics, and already small cabals are forced to play without their abilities. The defeat rp just never happens. Be it because of pride, character ideals, alignment restrictions or unreasonable demands.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:51 pm 
Mortal

Promote characters instead of cookie cutter heroes/villains.

Remove the static alignment system, use it as a reward or punishment.

Remove character controlled leadership of cabals and tribunals. Make people rp their desire for war instead of random acts of aggression or ooc alliances.

Find a way to demolish the team mentality, the mud is too polarized.

Hand out cookies as positive reinforcement when people are civil oocly.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:54 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Xasuki
I like all three of the above mentioned by Tragonis. Seconded.

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:58 pm 
Mortal

Tragonis wrote:
Dissociate cabal abilities with relics. Let CRS still earn tokens and be a means of victory, but not undo cabal spells and skills. Right now the biggest cabal will win all relics, and already small cabals are forced to play without their abilities. The defeat rp just never happens. Be it because of pride, character ideals, alignment restrictions or unreasonable demands.

This simply isn't accurate. The Midnight Council controls the relic of multiple factions right now and we have maybe three or four active characters, which is definitely less than at least one of the enemy factions whose relic we control.

If cabal abilities are no longer tied to relics, might as well remove CRS entirely. It will devolve into farming tokens, since an enemy gaining tokens is not going to provide the same incentive to defend (or attack) as losing cabal powers.

The last part of your argument is an RP problem, which can be handled by replacing the problematic leadership.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:00 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
Haha, Trag, I hope this doesn't become too much of a thing between us. I like you in game so much. But do you notice any correlation between your char's relic / equipment possessions and your relative amount of posts about how wealth should be redistributed?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next