Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Don't use guardians for "cabal verification"
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:20 pm 
Implementor

I've been hearing reports that people are being asked to walk up to an outer guardian of a cabal and request entrance as "proof" that they are not a member of the organization. This practice has been declared poor roleplay since 2006 and anyone doing so can and will be demoted and/or removed from any positions they might hold. This post serves as a warning that continuing to do this will not be tolerated. As background, here's a bit of the history of the issue which currently only exists in the Leadership forums.

Dulrik wrote:
Posted: 16 Apr 2006 23:22
So I'm looking at this talk about doors and I'm wondering, are there people in the game actually requiring another person to go to an HQ and say 'enter' to verify that they aren't in a cabal? Let me know, because if it continues to happen, I'll demote offenders several levels until it stops. Such a request is blatantly OOC and so demotions for poor-RP apply.

Dulrik wrote:
Posted: 30 May 2006 13:52
It's not necessarily a bug, it's just poor roleplaying. That applies equally whether you were asked to prove yourself OR by suggesting it yourself. Try to think about this from the point of view of your character instead of as the player of a game.

As a real life analogy, would an undercover FBI agent prove to a drug dealer that he was not an agent by going up to an FBI office to see if he was admitted? Even if you agree with this ridiculous premise, the FBI officers aren't going to let on like they know the guy. It's the same deal in the game. Don't try to use limitations of the code to try to avoid roleplaying your character.

Post subject: Re: Don't use guardians for "cabal verification"
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:16 am 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
Don't use "create food" for religious verification, either.