Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: What do I do?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:14 pm 
Mortal

What I supposed to do? What commands should I usually type? So far my character is hungry and im not sure how to fix that. oTL;;

Post subject: Re: What do I do?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:59 pm 
Mortal

Very broad question without an easy answer.
I recommend reading some help files first.

Help new will give you a firm foundation.

Hunger and thirst are sated with food and water usually - eat food, and drink water. Usually water is targetted by its source, so a fountain is drink fountain, a waterskin is drink waterskin.

i or inventory will show you what you are carrying, eq hat you are wearing and wielding.

More specific advice is best received in game. If you are still in the training ground, type mentor and it will send out a request to higher level players to help you. If not, go to an inn and type it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:01 pm 
Mortal

Ajon wrote:
Very broad question without an easy answer.
I recommend reading some help files first.

Help new will give you a firm foundation.

Hunger and thirst are sated with food and water usually - eat food, and drink water. Usually water is targetted by its source, so a fountain is drink fountain, a waterskin is drink waterskin.

i or inventory will show you what you are carrying, eq hat you are wearing and wielding.

More specific advice is best received in game. If you are still in the training ground, type mentor and it will send out a request to higher level players to help you. If not, go to an inn and type it.

Is there a way to 'save' my progress in the game?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:10 pm 
Mortal

Progress is saved automatically when you use the quit command. Your character will never starve or die of thirst, so take as long as you need looking at the help files. Start by typing help. Help newbie is also a good place to start. Welcome to SK, by the way

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:53 pm 
Mortal

laeZ1 wrote:
Progress is saved automatically when you use the quit command. Your character will never starve or die of thirst, so take as long as you need looking at the help files. Start by typing help. Help newbie is also a good place to start. Welcome to SK, by the way

ty ;-; Im trying to get the hang of this game, ive always wanted to rp a centaur

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:16 pm 
Mortal

Just wondering, when characters talk to me, how can I tell if its a bot or not?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:45 pm 
Immortal

Botting isn't allowed, so any player character(PC) talking to you will be a real one. Some NPCs are scripted to talk to you as well, but in general, anyone speaking with you should be treated as "real".

One way of telling if it's a NPC or PC at times will be the format of their name. All player characters should have an adjective chosen, and will have a sex and race. Many NPC characters don't follow that set pattern.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:03 pm 
Mortal

I don't know about the rest of the community, but I'm too busy to log on this entire weekend. The number of players online might be slightly lower than normal. I'm on the forums with my phone, for instance.

Feel free to ask us anything. I imagine you're not experienced with MUDs; figuring it out in the first place can be a little bit of a learning curve, but the game is very fun once you know how to navigate the controls. Can't wait to RP with you!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:48 pm 
Mortal

<:) Yes I cannot wait. How do you delete a character? And what is a good newbie character to make for a newb at roleplaying?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:02 pm 
Mortal

delete command to delete. It will give options with numbers next to them, delete # will then let you do so while selecting your reason why.

barbarians are probably a good newbie class. Race i would say probably dwarf, human, maybe centaur, griffon, or giant.

Dwarves are small so gear weighs less and they are innately harder to hit. They also have good strength and con for being small.
Humans are good at any class and solid all around.
Centaur - kick and endurance are innate, size big for better damage, decent hps, etc. Gear is a bit harder to find. some weaknesses but its not too bad
Griffon - innate toughness, wings, claws so no need for armour or weapons right away. Less concern about gear loss etc. Less gear can also mean less ac and there is some races that will have an immediate negative RP reaction to griffons.
Giant - giant size, big strength, big hp, overall great for barbs, size can create problems with getting appropriately sized gear and the weight that comes with it. Steel is easy to resize, though it will cost you to do so, but at higher levels, youll need a sorc for better materials.

Most races have a pro and some cons here. Minotaurs are also good i suppose, but i never played one. Though they get large size, horns you can gore with, though they cannot wear helmets.

Id probably say dwarf overall is my favorite, better night vision as well, but dont choose it just for that.