Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: What do I do?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:25 pm 
Mortal

I consider half elves the easiest race for new players, specifically because of the night vision and their lack of alignment, class or country restriction. They're not optimal, and their iron weakness is a pain if you get into the competitive PvP, but they allow you to explore easily.

That being said, only play what you think you'll have fun with. Griffon Barbarian is known for needing pretty much no preparation for most things... in fact same could be said for pretty much any class for griffon. They're also quite a bit tougher than the others during the early levels.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:29 pm 
Mortal

Ajon wrote:
delete command to delete. It will give options with numbers next to them, delete # will then let you do so while selecting your reason why.

barbarians are probably a good newbie class. Race i would say probably dwarf, human, maybe centaur, griffon, or giant.

Dwarves are small so gear weighs less and they are innately harder to hit. They also have good strength and con for being small.
Humans are good at any class and solid all around.
Centaur - kick and endurance are innate, size big for better damage, decent hps, etc. Gear is a bit harder to find. some weaknesses but its not too bad
Griffon - innate toughness, wings, claws so no need for armour or weapons right away. Less concern about gear loss etc. Less gear can also mean less ac and there is some races that will have an immediate negative RP reaction to griffons.
Giant - giant size, big strength, big hp, overall great for barbs, size can create problems with getting appropriately sized gear and the weight that comes with it. Steel is easy to resize, though it will cost you to do so, but at higher levels, youll need a sorc for better materials.

Most races have a pro and some cons here. Minotaurs are also good i suppose, but i never played one. Though they get large size, horns you can gore with, though they cannot wear helmets.

Id probably say dwarf overall is my favorite, better night vision as well, but dont choose it just for that.

Will more races be added? What about manticores?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:55 pm 
Mortal

That's a good question. The builders and coders may be able to answer your question. Dulrik is the implementer, he calls all of the major shots when it comes what to add to the game. If he doesn't speak up in this thread, don't be afraid of sending him a polite pm asking.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:59 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
The playable race list is pretty set in stone, I don't think there's going to be many changes to that list, if at all, in the next few years. Even if so, I don't think manticore would be added as one, as humanoid races are the norm with the only two exceptions at the moment being centaurs and griffons.

That said, griffons are pretty close to manticores in terms of physical traits, although griffons are strictly light-aura only.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:35 am 
Mortal

Also, Is this game related to the book series by Evie Manieri?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:15 pm 
Mortal

Why are certain names illegal? Is there a list of them I should know?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:53 pm 
Mortal

I've never read the book series.

What names have you tried that are illegal? The only reason any name should be outright prevented that I can think of, is if there's a recently retired character who had that name, that it's a name used by a prevalent in-game persona, or that it's an obvious violation of the name rules.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:19 pm 
Mortal

Edoras wrote:
I've never read the book series.

What names have you tried that are illegal? The only reason any name should be outright prevented that I can think of, is if there's a recently retired character who had that name, that it's a name used by a prevalent in-game persona, or that it's an obvious violation of the name rules.

Ive tried names like Gareth, Orion, Otis and Theo.
Im still stuck way in the beginning lol. What do you type to grab the journey bread out of the backpack and eat it? Im trying to follow the commands but I cant grab the bread?
Also what are the commands for buying from a shopkeeper? Im trying to buy stuff from this branded male gnome? Im writing this all down, sorry im just trying to understand the basic commands.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:56 pm 
Mortal

> get bread backpack - get is the command, the next word is what your character is grabbing, if there's a third word, that's the container your character will try to grab it from. If there's not a third word, they'll pick it up from the ground. You can see what's available with the look command, abbreviated to the letter l.

> eat bread - will eat the bread

When interacting with a shopkeeper,
>list - this will show you the items for sale, and their prices. Then use the buy command with the corresponding number next to the item you want to buy.

>worth - this will tell you your character's current wealth.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:30 pm 
Mortal

Also, every basic command is outlined within the in-game "help" files. help by itself will show you a list of all help topics, and you can then use the help command further to dig into every category and subtopic.

For example, 'help' would lead you to 'help objects', which describes how to get, put, eat, etc.