Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Shattered Kingdoms And the Destruction of the Darkness
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:20 pm 
Mortal

Hello, I know our pbase is miniscule. It's because of wow, console games, and likely now cell phone games. Has anyone noticed though that the Darkside is annilated? I am playing tonight it's five lighties in light cabals and one druid. A druid who would likely not help all darkies because druids hate necromancy.

The dark is dead. It's totally gone. Is there anything that can be done to make the dark side more interesting? I have abandoned the darkside myself to just do pve with lighties because no one can stand up to the entire mud. I will go back to dark or anything else if we can get some action going. I'm not saying random bs ganks on lighties because they have numbers but we don't all have to play nice. Any in game motivations that would help?

Ideas? Would reopening the north spur interest? Maybe adding the adepts of the blood path back? Anything? I am not criticizing the light. Some of my favourite character to play withare Sir Asither and the like but foes are welcome too.

Post subject: Re: Shattered Kingdoms And the Destruction of the Darkness
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:42 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
I think scattered across this forum are bits and pieces that support what you're saying. There are incentives of playing a light-aura character that darkies don't get. Things that make SK fun are only available with friends/allies and the minimal pbase doesn't support both sides in the same ways:

- active inns
- people to roleplay with
- people to adventure with
- people to provide herbs, vials, enchants, etc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:55 am 
Mortal

Lighties Win!

If you play a darky, hit Dimble up and he will help you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:24 am 
Mortal

And my character will rob you of anything Dimble gives you and PK you into deletion. Lighties win. U lose.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:20 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
archaicsmurf wrote:
And my character will rob you of anything Dimble gives you and PK you into deletion. Lighties win. U lose.

It's this, even sarcastic attitude, that may be what part of what is preventing some people from even giving the dark side a longer shot. Anyone new to game coming in is going to hit a major road block running into that. We don't want to to PK anyone into deletion if we actually want to rebuild up the level of conflict and have some folk actually rise up/survive and be an actual challenge, right? In the name of good sportsmanship. Can we not have some good skirmishes, some rewarding RP to follow them up with, and more of a feeling that that page ended poorly for the losing party, but there's the rest of the chapter, and a whole book yet to come?

I know we had at least two newbs and one experienced player recently enough feel enough 'get the hell out of my playground' mentality to feel it was in their best interest to reroll grey or lighty (if they decide they want to stay and play at all). Playing the losing side is HARD. Take it from someone who knows and has BTDT. Most people take the SK loss in war/diplomacy as a reason to literally give up characters and reroll instead of playing through and rebuilding. And with the overall playerbase half or less of what it use to be most times, this makes it all the harder for a faction that has gone under to be recovering.

This aside, the game feels like we've taken a major step back from Shattered KINGDOMS and a very diverse playing experience to Red Vs Blue, Us Vs. You, play war within this very narrow concept of extremes as far as kingdoms/the single remaining war goes, with at least a couple bits of flavor text for the grey area to exist in. While I get that staff had an idea that consolidating players would congregate characters, the truth is, its alienated a lot of players from even being characters. With the advent of the Crystal Lounge and revamped party system, I don't think this restriction on the number of starting areas or tribunals has been a positive for the game, and should be revisited.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:10 am 
Mortal

Conflict? Are you insane? Lighties don't want conflict because that's a sphere of darkness. The perpetual war is over, friend. Now is a time of celebration and festivities. The only challenge will be carrying around our massive loot hoards which we will kindly distribute to those who devote themselves to the Light.

The Black Hand has been severed. The Legions have been kneecapped. The Shadows have been extinguished. And Midnight breaks to an eternal Dawn.

The trumpets of war have been laid down and steins of elvish wine risen. Rejoice. Those who seek to reignite the spark of evil will be swiftly eradicated by the noble Crusade. Peace, prosperity and order have been delivered to the people, as promised.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:16 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
1v5 ain't so hard.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:40 am 
Mortal

Baldric wrote:
1v5 ain't so hard.

You need to come back to troll these mofoing lighties.