Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: darkies need help and are imbalanced
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:47 pm 
Mortal

I think necros should be able to call corpses to them. Have a timer, the necro can't move until the corpse gets to him or something

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:11 pm 
Mortal

I think they should have an ability called swarm that sends all undead in a certain direction targeting that person. Then deswarm recalls them back. Something different that would make necros fun.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:33 pm 
Mortal

yrangol wrote:
The player base is just not large enough........

This sums up a lot of the problems in general.

Hellion isn't really a bad class, it's just that with a decrease in playerbase size, there is no need for the versatility of the class (or the other hybrid classes). Where once upon a time, a hellion could fill in multiple roles in a big group, now there's rarely a big group and you just desperately need the core classes to fill it out.

The Crucible ability set isn't bad. TB is strong as [REDACTED]. It's just irrelevant entirely with relics gone and CRS dead and big group PVP non existent.

Etc, etc.

A lot of stuff needs to be updated to account for the current state of the game, but that seems unlikely to happen.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:21 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
TacoRobot wrote:
seems unlikely to happen.

You mean to tell me we're just screaming into the ether and wasting our energy and should find happiness with what we have or simply move on? If that's what you're saying.. well I'd have to agree.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:27 am 
Mortal

Unpopular opinion to be sure, but it makes sense for lighties to be 'stronker' than darkies from an rp perspective. That said, this is supposed to be a conflict game so balance should be a big factor.

I think what this game really needs (and requires 0 coding) is a more blurry line between auras so people can do what they want and get a better experience for everyone but yeah. I don't see why light shouldn't be allowed to fight light when there's so much 'light' happening in the game. Think of it as a holier than thou crusade where the fist and hammer goes into war. It would be fun if such things were allowed, like they were back in the glory days...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:27 am 
Mortal

What do you mean that it makes sense for the lighties to be stronger? Why? You also seemed to contradict your point, so now I'm more confused about that. Will you explain, please?

I don't recall a time when the hammer used to go to war with the fist, but that sounds interesting. Can you tell me more about that?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:13 am 
Mortal

In theory (but not so much in practice from what i'm seeing in the game most of the time) playing lighties has certain rp requirements and restrictions that playing evil does not.

It's why in many older systems being a good guy had some benefits that being a bad guy didn't. Sure in modern day rpg everyone is created equal and orcs are a sentient race that's been discriminated against - but there was a time when orcs were just token bad guys like zombies, and good guys were better than bad guys cause they had principles and limitations.

As for fist going to war with hammer you'd need to find people who played the game in the 90s to tell you about how the paladins once threw a fit and declared war on the elves of 'knights of selkwood' over the right to use the title 'knight' being paladin-only.

To put this in other words, there's light and dark, then there's right and wrong. I think in many cases light get to be wrong and dark get to be right, so conflict shouldn't be covered by rules such as 'no light on light'. It makes sense from a certain standpoint, but people being people there's always bound to be arrogant good guys and righteous bad guys too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:02 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
Please continue to petition for code-based changes, but do understand that Dulrik is limited in time right now.

That said, if there happened to be an imm who was willing to tackle some areas that are necromantic in nature, or ... perhaps she might already doing so, what could she include that might make things easier on the build/non-code side?